Mirror the PC screen wirelessly?

Solo_Apple

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,222
Reaction score
0
Wanna put a big screen in the master bedroom and stream/mirror wirelessly my notebook's screen to the LCD.

What do I need besides a big LCD and the LCD arm?

1) Apple TV
2) Chromecast
3) A LCD that support WiDi?

Comments on pros and cons if you already have hands-on on this. Thank you.
 

themarxx

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
0
If you are using a Mac, then I would certainly recommend Apple TV. Right now, my mum streams youtube videos from her 11" MBA to he 46" TV and she is very very happy with it. I also use another Apple TV to accept streams iOS Apps on a 32" TV for the children to watch.

Switching to Airplay is as simple as clicking on the icon in the menu bar. And you can choose to either mirror, or set it up as a secondary display. ie. I am streaming a cartoon from the MBA to the TV, while checking out HWZ on the MBA proper.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top