Mobile data usage for kids

descyf

Reaction score
Is there a way to control the mobile data usage for kids if they are to bring their smart phones to school? Currently smart phone itself can disable easily, but i guess kids nowadays are intelligent enough to figure that out themselves. How do you control them from using it besides just making phone calls when necessary?

1. Is there an app with password control that could help with this?
2. Does telco app able to control usage?

SunitaRao

Reaction score
Is there a way to control the mobile data usage for kids if they are to bring their smart phones to school? Currently smart phone itself can disable easily, but i guess kids nowadays are intelligent enough to figure that out themselves. How do you control them from using it besides just making phone calls when necessary?

i know there are some applications that allows you to do so; Qustudio, Screenlimit - starhub also has a junior protect plan.

SunitaRao

Reaction score
i know there are some applications that allows you to do so; Qustudio, Screenlimit - starhub also has a junior protect plan.
but again, doing this might result in your kid resenting you. perhaps another alternative - teaching them the importance of time management etc. i know a cousin who controlled his child's phone screentime and it damaged the parent-kid dynamic terrible

iygnaug

Suspended
Reaction score

For singtel, can do it directly online and limit the data (at least for mobileshare).

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
but again, doing this might result in your kid resenting you. perhaps another alternative - teaching them the importance of time management etc. i know a cousin who controlled his child's phone screentime and it damaged the parent-kid dynamic terrible
Erm... kids resenting parent because of screen time/because parent put a timer to kid's screen time cos it's time for bed?

if relationships are that fragile for the child to breed resentment against the adult for things like these, then really gotta get the relationship checked again if screen time restriction is the root cause or is it other causes - lack of communication, etc.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun have kids but I coach kids. most kids I know dun have a data plan, they tap on e school’s wifi. those that have a data plan have limited data so they have to learn how to manage it. good I say.

SunitaRao

Reaction score
Erm... kids resenting parent because of screen time/because parent put a timer to kid's screen time cos it's time for bed?

if relationships are that fragile for the child to breed resentment against the adult for things like these, then really gotta get the relationship checked again if screen time restriction is the root cause or is it other causes - lack of communication, etc.
resorting to putting a timer or capping anyone screentime clearly explains that they haven't been taught through the importance of time management and screen time discipline

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.