Mobile Phone repair - damaged LCD

tandesmond

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2006
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
I dropped my Samsung S4 yesterday and cracked the LCD display. Screen is still ok, but LCD display is gone as I can only see 3/4 of screen. Thinking if I should repair the phone, but the warranty of the phone is over.

Anyone can recommend a good and cheap place to repair? Not willing (and don't think it is worth it) to spend $200 to repair a S4. Alternatively, I can try to sell the phone to shops but don't think it can fetch much..

Any advice??
 

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,812
Reaction score
71
I dropped my Samsung S4 yesterday and cracked the LCD display. Screen is still ok, but LCD display is gone as I can only see 3/4 of screen. Thinking if I should repair the phone, but the warranty of the phone is over.

Anyone can recommend a good and cheap place to repair? Not willing (and don't think it is worth it) to spend $200 to repair a S4. Alternatively, I can try to sell the phone to shops but don't think it can fetch much..

Any advice??

i replaced my cracked note2 lcd display screen for $120 at slq months back.

so, you can roughly gauge how much you need to spend.
 

DrearyMonday

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
WARNING

DO NOT GO TO BREAKFIXNOW.

I went there to fix a cracked screen and i should have done more research. I told them i needed to change the screen and he asked if i needed to change the LCD, i said no. so he asked if i had any problems with the touch screen and i said no. I was then told that it looked spoilt and i NEEDED to fix it. so i asked if its okay that i dont, i only want to change the screen. Then they said they couldnt do it. So i got it changed at $140. I went home only to realise at night that the screen was not responding, and when it does, it started typing on its own. i completely could not use the phone and brought it back to next day.

The same guy then claimed then he never asked me to change the lcd but merely suggested. I was livid. After much debate, they said they would only change my phone back to the original cracked screen and i had to go elsewhere. so i ended up going to sim lim.

worst experience ever.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top