Mod closed thread without awaiting my reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

factuup

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2020
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,170
I refer to this thread: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/getting-infracted-for-nothing.6536598/

As I was writing my reply, the mod closed the thread and thus I was unable to submit the form.

This is what I wanted to write:

You were given an infraction for perceived threatening of other forum users
(kindly refer to the bolded sentence).

That "threat" was in regards to me hoping that he would get a phone call from the authorities because I have lodged a police report against him.

If it didn't work, I will try harder (to find more incriminating evidence to report him).

Why do you take offence to that bolded sentence?
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
Whether or not threats are followed through or not, they are still threats. They are perceived by the receiver and other users.

Additionally, your post was reported by several people with similar views that the content posted was threatening.

Hope this clarifies.
 

factuup

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2020
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,170
"Additionally, your post was reported by several people with similar views that it was threatening."

Let me guess, they were reported by birds of a feather and you're complicit with them.

You know what. I didn't do it earlier but now I'm gonna lodge a police report against you and that mod who were complicit with @boink boink.

You can infract me further for this reply.

And I hope you get that phone call too.

Oops, I'm getting another infraction?
 

ZedMaster

Banned
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
35,615
Reaction score
1,275
Whether or not threats are followed through or not, they are still threats. They are perceived by the receiver and other users.

Additionally, your post was reported by several people with similar views that the content posted was threatening.

Hope this clarifies.

Hello Intrinion.

May I ask, what was the threat?
 

ZedMaster

Banned
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
35,615
Reaction score
1,275
Ok. I saw it.

He threatens that user with legal action.

How is that worthy of infraction?
 

fortunehunter

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2019
Messages
34,240
Reaction score
14,577
"Additionally, your post was reported by several people with similar views that it was threatening."

Let me guess, they were reported by birds of a feather and you're complicit with them.

You know what. I didn't do it earlier but now I'm gonna lodge a police report against you and that mod who were complicit with @boink boink.

You can infract me further for this reply.

And I hope you get that phone call too.

Oops, I'm getting another infraction?

Chillax lah.
Just post a police report and tag them, i believe they will stop all this nonsense once and for all. ;)
 

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
36,431
Reaction score
3,250
I am impartial. I will call a spade a spade.

The infraction in question is on threats made against a certain user. Whether the user is an alleged Xenophobic or Racist, is not of my concern. If he or she is threatened by certain words or action causes distress, then we will take appropriate action. The threat made by you was ambiguous, it could mean anything and was interpreted as such.

With regards to my attending to bionk's forum support request as to why he/she wasn't able to access a certain thread, I was simply doing my moderator duties to attend to a forum user's question. Whether or not that user is an alleged xenophobic / racist, is also a non-issue. We are objective to the query at hand.

Similarly, If you think that I am complicit to racists, I will refute any of such insinuations and will take appropriate legal action if necessary, to clear my name. I do not condone racism. In-fact, I have in my tenure as moderator, consistently acted on reports brought to my attention that are inappropriate and not in line with the forum's rules and terms of service.

One example of action taken by me was on a tweet brought to my attention by yourself:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...pt-deliberately.6533963/page-9#post-134603800
Lastly, whatever gripes you have with other forum users is not my concern. We are not here for you to settle scores with other forum users you don't see eye to eye with. If the reports are legitimate, rest assure that we will act on them impartially and objectively.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top