Monitor, HDMI cable or Mainboard faulty ?

Amsterdan

Banned
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
0
would like to seek for some assistance.

recently whenever I boot up my computer, the PC will run, but the monitor will go into "sleep mode", the monitor power button will just flash n flash, and screen will show monitor will enter safe mode. The monitor didnt show anything, just a black screen.

The PC however will continue to run, so I need to reset the PC a few times, then finally the monitor can get signal from the PC and finally show out.

Previously I also have this problem, and I have already replaced my monitor from a Samsung to a Dell. Graphics card I also change.

but recently, this problem surfaced again, so I'm not sure is it the monitor spoilt again? it has only been 1 year since I bought the monitor. Graphics card around 1/2 year ago bought.

any experts here can assist? Thanks in Advance
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,075
Reaction score
1,768
Your monitor is fine.

There are a few things you can try - (1) replace the CMOS battery; (2) re-seat the memory and GPU; (3) clean the RAM contacts (the gold parts).

It's a fairly common problem but has a myriad of causes. Takes a bit of trouble-shooting to diagnose the cause.
 

Amsterdan

Banned
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
0
can u list our ur pc parts and monitor model number?

my Sys Parts as below:

CPU: i5-2400 3.1Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
Gfx: MSI 960GTX 2GB
Ram: Gskill DDR3 4Gb x2
HDD: WD 1TB x2
SSD: adata S511 128GB
Monitor: Dell U2414H
Power: FSP 650Wts Gold
Casing: Coolermaster 431
OS: Win 7 64bit
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top