Motherboard and processor for Battlefield 5

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
Hi all,

My current rig as follows:

i5-4460 + msi h97 pc mate
CRUCIAL PC 12800/1600MHZ DDR3 CL11 VALUE RAM
Superflower leadex 650w
fractal design arc midi r2
850 evo 256
GTX 1070

I realized I get alot of stuttering when playing BFV on 1440p, even on the lowest setting. I will only get about 30fps.

With my current rig, I'm thinking of only upgrading my motherboard and processor, to fit into the casing. Any recommendations?

Also, would it also be advisable to change my psu at the same time?

This rig was bought in 2015 (excluding the 1070).


Thanks in advance!
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Changing of cpu/mobo will also need to change rams to ddr4.

U can consider ryzen 5 2600 + b450 mobo and 3000/3200mhz 2x 16gb rams.

Your psu is fine, its a good quality one unless you have been experiencing blackouts whenever you are gaming.
 

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
Changing of cpu/mobo will also need to change rams to ddr4.

U can consider ryzen 5 2600 + b450 mobo and 3000/3200mhz 2x 16gb rams.

Your psu is fine, its a good quality one unless you have been experiencing blackouts whenever you are gaming.

Thanks for your advice Shadow.

May I check, obtaining this AMD processor over Intel, would be on cost savings? Cause I heard of stories of AMD processors over heating.

As for the motherboard, I noticed there the B450 is among all the brands. Any brand will suffice?


Thank you.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Ryzen this time is nt same as last time AMD. Give it adequate cooling and it shld be fine.

There are better manufactured B450 as compared to the rest. I think the better ones are MSI b450 titanium or mortar? Cant rmb which is usually recommended, may have to look back some threads.

As for 3000mhz rams, can consider getting klevv bolt 3000mhz rams in lazada.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
Thanks for your advice Shadow.

May I check, obtaining this AMD processor over Intel, would be on cost savings? Cause I heard of stories of AMD processors over heating.

As for the motherboard, I noticed there the B450 is among all the brands. Any brand will suffice?


Thank you.

Gosh, AMD overheating issue still linger?
That was back in AMD Athlon XP era, over a decade
seems people still remember. :s22:

AMD processor have gone through many design changes.
Ryzen so far is the best AMD have come out.
Overheating issue is a thing of a past.

If it prone to overheat, doubt they can squeeze 8 core in one chip.
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,419
Reaction score
2,332
Hi all,

My current rig as follows:

i5-4460 + msi h97 pc mate
CRUCIAL PC 12800/1600MHZ DDR3 CL11 VALUE RAM
Superflower leadex 650w
fractal design arc midi r2
850 evo 256
GTX 1070

I realized I get alot of stuttering when playing BFV on 1440p, even on the lowest setting. I will only get about 30fps.

With my current rig, I'm thinking of only upgrading my motherboard and processor, to fit into the casing. Any recommendations?

Also, would it also be advisable to change my psu at the same time?

This rig was bought in 2015 (excluding the 1070).


Thanks in advance!

Buy the 1700x instead of 2600. Then next gen Ryzen 3 lowest tier is 6 core. :s22: 2600 is newer but its a 6 core while 1700x is 8core. Price difference is only 30 to 50. Buy from amazon prime or newegg
 

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
Many Ryzen votes. Thanks! I'll see which will be best for my budget to go with the b450 mb!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
2x8gb currently

But I think now I'll go for 32gb lol

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

It would be a waste of money for gaming and basic usage unless you are doing video editing. 16gb is more than enough for everyday usage. And DDR4 32gb will be quite ex.
 

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
It would be a waste of money for gaming and basic usage unless you are doing video editing. 16gb is more than enough for everyday usage. And DDR4 32gb will be quite ex.

I see....

Thanks bro, for your useful tips!

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
2x8gb currently

But I think now I'll go for 32gb lol

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

There's been quite a few articles out there that highlighted that 16GB is the best for now. Going beyond will not benefit you at all when it comes to gaming.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
Thanks for your advice Shadow.

May I check, obtaining this AMD processor over Intel, would be on cost savings? Cause I heard of stories of AMD processors over heating.

As for the motherboard, I noticed there the B450 is among all the brands. Any brand will suffice?


Thank you.

Read again. Now its Intel processors overheating. ;-)
 

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
There's been quite a few articles out there that highlighted that 16GB is the best for now. Going beyond will not benefit you at all when it comes to gaming.



Read again. Now its Intel processors overheating. ;-)

Hahahaha, ok thanks!

Think I'm targeting

R7 2700
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Klevv 3200mhz 8gb x2

Or another of the MSI 450 boards.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
If your usage is just gaming/surfing net, downgrade to Ryzen 5 2600. 6C/12T is more than capable liao. Save the $$ for other things like bigger ssd, etc.
 

helios467

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
1,204
Reaction score
38
If your usage is just gaming/surfing net, downgrade to Ryzen 5 2600. 6C/12T is more than capable liao. Save the $$ for other things like bigger ssd, etc.

Thanks! Useful to save money.

Cause I just realised I need Windows....

Are getting keys online a better, cheaper option, or should I just get the Home version from PCT at $159 at the same time?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Just get from C*******l at around low 2 digits just above 1 digit. (cannot say so obvious here) :s13:
 

Elysium87

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2017
Messages
1,366
Reaction score
88
Thanks! Useful to save money.

Cause I just realised I need Windows....

Are getting keys online a better, cheaper option, or should I just get the Home version from PCT at $159 at the same time?

the online keys which is at a much cheaper rate can only be used once. while if u get the physical copy, u can install windows many times.

so u got to think whether u will be installing windows a few times for the next few years or not. but even if u reinstall windows once a year, still cheaper than physical copy
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top