Motherboard BIOS update 1.4

D0tsss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I updated my mobo(MSI H87M-G43 MS-7823) from version 1.0 to 1.4. After it restart the blue screen appear and stuck at there. Tried system recovery but failed and I built this rig 2days ago.
 

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
5,207
Reaction score
11
I updated my mobo(MSI H87M-G43 MS-7823) from version 1.0 to 1.4. After it restart the blue screen appear and stuck at there. Tried system recovery but failed and I built this rig 2days ago.
by "blue screen" - do u mean windows bsod (wat code, 7b?), and nothing wrong with entering bios?
 

tkte_85

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
6,991
Reaction score
2,261
did u set it to load defaults for e bios updates? maybe the SATA settings changed from/to AHCI to native IDE?
 

D0tsss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I still can enter bios.

I didnt set anything. I just click the update button. After the update is done. It auto reboot then the blue screen appear.

The blue screen appear means the update has damaged my motherboard?

I tried reformat my com and installed everything again. Everything is smooth atm but dont dare to update the bios again.
 

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
5,207
Reaction score
11
no damage to mb. if blue screen is windows bsod 7b, then likely sata achi/ide setting in bios got changed, so windows can't boot properly.

so likely its just windows hiccup.
 

D0tsss

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
no damage to mb. if blue screen is windows bsod 7b, then likely sata achi/ide setting in bios got changed, so windows can't boot properly.

so likely its just windows hiccup.

How do i see/know if blue screen is windows bsod 7b?
If i reformat the system, everything will be back to normal?
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,642
Reaction score
262
no damage to mb. if blue screen is windows bsod 7b, then likely sata achi/ide setting in bios got changed, so windows can't boot properly.

so likely its just windows hiccup.
this.... next time check this setting first.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top