Motherboard post code 0x99

aderica

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
Hi guys is it normal to have code 99 appearing at bios boot screen? It always shows at the bottom right corner of the boot screen? Read from ami manual that it is super io initialisation.

And bios would return black screen occasionally after exit bios without changes occasionally and need to press power button to reset. Sometimes exit it would go to windows recovery startup repair. However there are no issue while normal booting during gaming or installation of windows. The problem is minimal and non disruptive but would like to check with it is board issue or settings. The hard disk, ssd and dvd writer are recycled and cheap kb mouse. I suspect the keyboard and mouse are the culprit as they are rather old. Anyone able confirm?

specs
Biostar H110MHV3
Pentium G4400
128GB Plextor m5pro
500gb Seagate
GTX460
12GB 1600 ddr3L
500W aerocool kcas
 

aderica

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
Changed to another input devices with same results. System shows 99 or B4 even without keyboard mouse connected. Should I update the bios or rma?
 

aderica

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
Any advice before I proceed to update the bios. I am scared the mobo get bricked.

Just to add on that there isn't any system issue such as bsod, unable to boot or freeze while gaming etc. Everything works fine on windows. However the error code doesn't look right as seen from other forum that it could be possible motherboard failure. Is there something to be concerned
 
Last edited:

adrielx

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Any advice before I proceed to update the bios. I am scared the mobo get bricked.

Just to add on that there isn't any system issue such as bsod, unable to boot or freeze while gaming etc. Everything works fine on windows. However the error code doesn't look right as seen from other forum that it could be possible motherboard failure. Is there something to be concerned

I had the same issue with my own diy build. I ran through all the cables again & realised i forgot to plug in 1 of the pci-e cables into gpu. That was what caused my code 99.

Maybe you shld open up ur build see if any of the connected devices don't have the requires power supply cable.
 

aderica

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
I had the same issue with my own diy build. I ran through all the cables again & realised i forgot to plug in 1 of the pci-e cables into gpu. That was what caused my code 99.

Maybe you shld open up ur build see if any of the connected devices don't have the requires power supply cable.

Thank you for advice. I shall recheck the connections and bootup without gpu and repost with results. I am sure I did plug in the pci e as it wont work if not connected.
 

aderica

Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
487
Reaction score
0
Taken mainboard out from casing and disconnected all drives and using onboard but still shows error 99.

Does updating bios fix this issue or best to rma it? I have reset bios by removing cmos battery for 15mins and use bios optimised defaults. Thanks.







 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top