MY experience with Circles Life

ilovemorgiana

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
just to share my experience with circles life.

few days ago i receive the sim delivery at 11am, activate it, after work back home sleep, next morning got sms ask to switch sim, i did and downloaded the app, i got the referral benefit (unlimited data for 3 months) blah blah blah.

everything worked out smoothly, i was so happy with it until -- i step in my office....it has no connection at all....

my office located in central area, storey 15, it shows 2 bars of 4g coverage, but it cant do shyt... cant even receive whatsapp messages. and it is draining my phone battery as it is trying to find connection.

talked to customer service, they ask me to reset the APN, i dont see APN setting on my iphone xs. though i dont believe it is the cause because i can just take the lift and go down, the signal become full and speed is fast.

so i decided to port away after 1 day with CL. (previously using singtel so i requested to port back). these few days no connection in the office is the worst days for me. i know CL loan m1's network, but didn't know is that bad at my workplace. it works fine at my house (storey 15), and to my fren who refer me and work at the next street.

i dont blame CL for this, i can see their work efficiency and trying hard to attract market share, but please give head's up to customer on what kind network we will be getting...
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Mine is opposite. I switched over from Singtel to Starhub to Circles Life. I have been hearing bad feedback on Circles Life before I port over. The $7 plan for 20gb is simply too attractive until I cannot resist at all so I decided to give it a try. My thought was that if it is really that bad, I just port out again.

I have been using this line for almost one month soon. So far I have not encountered problem with no coverage no matter at my workplace or outside. Speed is totally not comparable to Singtel and Starhub. Except city area, else no matter outside or at office, the speed is always at singtel digit. I do encounter battery drain problem on Circles Life. This did not happen on my singtel or Starhub SIM card previously.

So far so good though. The $7 is really worthy for every singtel cent overall.
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I was with circles for 1 year before switching to giga.

Never had issue with the coverage in the areas I commute except some slow service along the nel and circle line.

For those switching, best bet will be to check network heat map or open signal first before deciding on Telco.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
still under their $0 plan with no problem :D

I also have this plan for my tablet but I personally feel its network is of lower grade compared to my M1 line. Both in speed and coverage. I encountered losing signal deep inside indoors.
 

marose

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
315
Reaction score
5
If you still holding $0 plan you can hold, but NEVER EVER subscribe to Circles Life
 

marose

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
315
Reaction score
5
Circles Life promotion is deceiving, you can read about users bad experiences in the other thread i think it is at EDMW
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Circles Life promotion is deceiving, you can read about users bad experiences in the other thread i think it is at EDMW

The $7 deal is real. I have no more mobile contract since 04 Nov. This plan is absolutely money saving plan for me while I wait for iPhone 12 next year.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
You forgot about the billing saga?

What billing saga? First time using Circles life. You mean the $20 unlimited data thingy added automatically to first bill? That one just disable can liao. And one first month will get free unlimited data due to that.
 
Last edited:

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
For Circles life, after finished the bundled data of the plan, does it charge the data usage as pay per use or it will be throttled speed but no extra charge?
 

BigHugo

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
My experience so far has been quite good + I signed up when they had some unlimited data promotion. I also see that they are doing some phone promotion right now up to $180 off.. they put this comparison table when apparently it’s cheaper over 24 months (phone + Plane) vs Telco x and y (I Guess singtel, StarHub?) Sounds like a good deal imo!
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
I was with circles and moved to giga and found that my data download speed was faster in most places while on giga (subjective for each user)

I move out circle because my phone kept getting no sim detected. And circles only give me two options


1. Pay to replace sim card (normally big Telco would out of good will replace it free)

2. Use Life line to get free sim. Asked me to report lost sim card. And this is free but once a lifetime with circle.


So I Port out and since than no more sim card error.
 

Yihaoong

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
812
Reaction score
50
Worry about coverage

1 )Vivifi $8.80 3gb singtel network
2) Redone $8 3gb to unlimited starhub network + free Malaysia roaming

Planned to go for circle life $5 plan as I hardly use phone (mostly WhatsApp). However not sure on coverage as was told ME coverage was bad recently.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top