My iPhone X failed the DFU hard reset

KyoShire

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Brought my iPhone X today to an apple-verified repair shop (QCD Westgate). Based on their diagnosis, it had hardware error and was unable to enter repair mode (was recommended a 1 for 1 exchange, but my warranty had expired). I managed to connect it to iTunes after some trying but was unable to restore or update due to error 4013.

To clarify: I did not drop my phone before / always ensured battery is not left overcharged / did not install any unauthorized apps.

It took me by surprise as it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Right now, I am quite upset that the lifespan of my iPhone X was only 1 year, even after all the steps done to take great care of it. I suspect that it might pushed some update (iOS 13) that cause it to fail suddenly.

Does anyone have an idea what could have happened to my iPhone X? And if it could not be fixed, are there any tips that you can share to prevent such issue from occurring?

Thanks!
 

Rukure

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
20,447
Reaction score
118
My 2 year old iphone x still functions like new :look: maybe you just suay
 

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
14,971
Reaction score
1,162
I lost my data because of this too.

I think they need to think of a way of better doing backup. For instance pictures to be sync separately, and app data to be sync separately. There should be a choice of what to choose to backup and etc.

I cannot imagine how long does it take to sync and back up a 256gb that full of pics!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,305
Reaction score
5,879
I lost my data because of this too.

I think they need to think of a way of better doing backup. For instance pictures to be sync separately, and app data to be sync separately. There should be a choice of what to choose to backup and etc.

I cannot imagine how long does it take to sync and back up a 256gb that full of pics!
There is an option to choose what to backup.

Anyway after the first backup, subsequent backups are all incremental, so it shouldn't be that bad if you do it quite periodically.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top