My PC Upgrade for YE 2013

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
I see, so things havent really changed since my 860 days. XMP profile yeah.. i know that.

I'll have a think about it and may change at the shop last minute but here's the build :

Component $
Asus Maximus VI Hero + 4770k 786
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz CL10 339
Seasonic X Series Platimun 860W 290
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Mid Tower Case 259
Corsair H100i Hydro Cooling Performance 185
Sapphire R9 280X 3GB Vapor-X Dual-X OC 488

Damage 2347

Get the MSI r9280x, slightly cheaper and has 3 yrs warranty. $339 worth of rams is seriously a big waste of money... Can get palit gtx 760 with that... or even 256gb ssd with spare change.

I cant even feel the difference with my 2133mhz rams....
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
@Ragna: too expensive, I'm even contemplating to re-use my existing 670 :)

all: I need 16GB as I do lots of encoding of BRs. considering the jigsaws are cheaper... what do you think of ?

G-Skill RipJawX 2133MHz CL9 ????
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Everything is overkill... lol

This should be better.

@Ragna: too expensive, I'm even contemplating to re-use my existing 670 :)

all: I need 16GB as I do lots of encoding of BRs. considering the jigsaws are cheaper... what do you think of ?

G-Skill RipJawX 2133MHz CL9 ????

Lol... too expensive.... If you downsize your mobo and rams, i believe 'expensive' will not appear in your words. The difference in price can be channeled to that r9 290.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
And you dun need Seasonic P860w platinum... X-850w gold is more than enough. Difference of $60.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,584
@Ragna: too expensive, I'm even contemplating to re-use my existing 670 :)

all: I need 16GB as I do lots of encoding of BRs. considering the jigsaws are cheaper... what do you think of ?

G-Skill RipJawX 2133MHz CL9 ????

If it is within your budget then just go for it lor. Most importantly is buying something u like and not under pressure from others.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,323
Reaction score
6,584
His paying so much for premium looks nia.

Not even give him any form of performance boost.

Rather he downsize the cpu mobo and the ram. He could esily settle for a r9 290 with a 1440p monitor.

He happy can liao.
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
be friendly and positive please :s12::s12:

ok revised due to dude's recommendations here :) ---

Component $
Asus Maximus VI Hero + 4770k 786
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz CL9 139
Seasonic X Series 850W 239
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Mid Tower Case 259
Corsair H100i Hydro Cooling Performance 185
SIMI CARD ????? ???
Asus DRW-24D3ST 24X DvDRW SATA 28

Damage 1636


still lacking VGA card.....
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
ok done deal -

Component $
Asus Maximus VI Hero + 4770k 786
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz CL9 (16gb) 248
Seasonic X Series 850W 239
Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Mid Tower Case 259
Corsair H100i Hydro Cooling Performance 185
RE-USE old 670 (wait for bonus then upgrade) 0
Asus DRW-24D3ST 24X DvDRW SATA 28

Damage 1745

by the way, the 4770k any particular stepping to look out for?
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
Bought already.

Everything I got is as above.

Think I need to change the h110 fan as it's super noisy.

Also ... The h110, I have it in this configuration is it correct ?

From top of case
Fan
Radiator.

Fan pulling air into the case.
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
Guess I also need to learn how to tweak the bios as everything is on default now :( . Went in to quickly take a look and got lost halfway. Don't even know where to set dram speed.
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
ok managed to set trhe DRAM to XMP, but then i needed to still set the ram to the rated speed. strange


i also got 2 devices in device manager which are !!
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,227
Reaction score
87
Settled the 2 unknown drivers...

instlled the intel Management and INF driver update.

done deal.

tomorrow -

1. get 2 fans to replace the noisy H110 ones
2. get molex splitter for h110 fans (x6)
 

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
4,381
Reaction score
10
off-topic: no offense but after reading the whole thread what you say and what you do is extremely ironical.

That said,

Yeah the Gentle Typhoons will be great fans for your rad. Why not get 4 of them to do a push pull config?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top