MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
if 59 is for pure, then u should compare it against the pure 300mbps plan not ultra 1gbps.

Old pure 100mbps plan
$59 x 18 = $1,062

Pure 300mbps plan
$58 OTC + ($39.99 x 24 months) = $1,017.76

That is because the bro is considering to upgrade to Ultra 1Gbps and not Pure 300Mbps. That why I only did the comparison between his existing Pure 100Mbps and Ultra 1Gbps.
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
My MR Contract ends in Jan 2014 (aka this month) and the earliest deployment is in March 2014. This means I will be on 1 month without any contract nor any promotional rates If I am going to go for the 1Gbps plan. The question here is how much will I be expected to pay for this 1 month or what is arrangement for customers in my predicament (As one of the earliest group of pioneer users, customer like me should be very limited I believe).
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
My MR Contract ends in Jan 2014 (aka this month) and the earliest deployment is in March 2014. This means I will be on 1 month without any contract nor any promotional rates If I am going to go for the 1Gbps plan. The question here is how much will I be expected to pay for this 1 month or what is arrangement for customers in my predicament (As one of the earliest group of pioneer users, customer like me should be very limited I believe).

The normal rate.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
My MR Contract ends in Jan 2014 (aka this month) and the earliest deployment is in March 2014. This means I will be on 1 month without any contract nor any promotional rates If I am going to go for the 1Gbps plan. The question here is how much will I be expected to pay for this 1 month or what is arrangement for customers in my predicament (As one of the earliest group of pioneer users, customer like me should be very limited I believe).

Will arranged you guys to be on the first list. =). PM me with your details.
 

hanszz

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2012
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
The question is what is the normal rate? Its not as if MR has a Usual Price of $xx for their plans.

From their T&C, "Discount rates are valid for the duration of the contract, thereafter the plan's Usual subscription price of $89/month for ULTRA and $99/month for GAMER applies after contract plan ends.".
 

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Messages
29,030
Reaction score
8,285
People with pure 100mbps should just upgrade to 300mbps regardless since the price will be lower.

actually i think MR will give auto upgrade when time comes :s13:, iirc they will move all over.
 

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
33,051
Reaction score
3,680
When you "upgrade " the old contract is gone. Thus, for free months customer they can request to "upgrade" at the end of their current contract.

In more understandable plain language:

------------------------
When you are upgraded (MR has activated the new 1GB in your home), the old contract will be replaced by the new contract. So when you signing up for the new 1GB, inform MR to only upgrade to 1GB at the end of your current contract.
------------------------

Obviously, it is probably impossible that MR will be able to meet everyone's request to upgrade your current contract to the new 1GB contract immediately in a few hours' time or even in a day's time, there could be a period between the switch-over. I am not with MR and i do not know the technicality involved in the migration from current contract to 1GB, Activation of 1GB probably happened in a few minutes' time from the MR side, its just that MR need to come to your place to do the installation prior to this activation. If installation and activation all happened at the same time, then the switch-over is immediate on the same day, else this mean technically you have a situation whereby your new hardware has been installed by MR but the 1GB not yet activated until a certain date (after current contract ended)? I guess this is the part which is causing some confusion.
 

Eraval

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
4,410
Reaction score
2
Question!


I'm currently on the Gamer plan @$69/mth with 5 mths at $9.90. So far I've gotten the discount for 3 mths le, and I want to get my discount for the other 2 mths as well.

The thing is right now when I click on upgrade my plan, the estimated installation date is Q3, my current contract ends on 6th Sept this year, is there anyway to make sure that the new contract starts after my current one? Would really like to utilise the other 2 cheap mths:D:D cause if its early Q3 then I would have missed out on it.


Another thing is I'm prolly going to move out of my parents place by end of this year or latest mid year in 2015. Is it possible transfer my plan to my new place? It's also possible that I will just sign up for a new plan for my new place and allow my parents to keep using my old one. But just asking.



Thanks!
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Question!


I'm currently on the Gamer plan @$69/mth with 5 mths at $9.90. So far I've gotten the discount for 3 mths le, and I want to get my discount for the other 2 mths as well.

The thing is right now when I click on upgrade my plan, the estimated installation date is Q3, my current contract ends on 6th Sept this year, is there anyway to make sure that the new contract starts after my current one? Would really like to utilise the other 2 cheap mths:D:D cause if its early Q3 then I would have missed out on it.


Another thing is I'm prolly going to move out of my parents place by end of this year or latest mid year in 2015. Is it possible transfer my plan to my new place? It's also possible that I will just sign up for a new plan for my new place and allow my parents to keep using my old one. But just asking.



Thanks!

You can do the upgrade now, but when they call you to fix appointment, just highlight to them you would like to do the upgrade after your contract /free months end.

Relocation there a charges for it ($160.50)
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
The question is what is the normal rate? Its not as if MR has a Usual Price of $xx for their plans.

the normal rate is 59/69 for pure and gamers. no meh? Ask nivlek1985

Normal rate is $59 for PURE and $69 for GAMERS as mentioned by Magickiller9 because you are currently deemed as no contract.

From their T&C, "Discount rates are valid for the duration of the contract, thereafter the plan's Usual subscription price of $89/month for ULTRA and $99/month for GAMER applies after contract plan ends.".

misato is asking about PURE plan and not ULTRA 1Gbps plan.
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2


seems like mr's support ppl no longer lurks in this thread?
tried calling support?

3237673738.png
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,231
Reaction score
191
People with pure 100mbps should just upgrade to 300mbps regardless since the price will be lower.

actually i think MR will give auto upgrade when time comes :s13:, iirc they will move all over.

I also agree.

You will be deem as no contact once your PURE 100Mbps contract ends. The normal rate of $59 for PURE applies even if MR give an auto upgrade to 300Mbps. Thus, it is still advisable to sign up for the 2 years contract - 300Mbps @ $39.99/month in order to enjoy the lower price.
 

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
98
Advisable to get the 1Gbps?
My current plan is Pure
(38x24=912)
58 + (49.99x24)=1257.76

My contract ending March 2015

Or should I upgrade to the new Pure?
 

romanohairi

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
374
Reaction score
0
Advisable to get the 1Gbps?
My current plan is Pure
(38x24=912)
58 + (49.99x24)=1257.76

My contract ending March 2015

Or should I upgrade to the new Pure?

It's all depends on ur need and usage. If you are comfortable with the current speed, then just stick to it. Until u buay song to see others at 1Gbps. LOL

Eventually, everyone will get there at some point... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top