MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
as per their website, it's 24/7.
Ah ok I remembered. There was one time I called them at mid night... but have not got any other chance recently. Not sure how their CS has become though.

Anyway their HQ is just opposite my office building so if anything happen to my Internet I may just slam their doors the next day.
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,848
Reaction score
1,080
Now over here no more tech support from lawzer and gang.

It's either you call them or nothing.

I tried email and online chat, not useful at all
 

luminicious

Member
Joined
May 30, 2010
Messages
260
Reaction score
0
I subscribed for MyRepublic 1GBPS plan for a month already, was using LAN the whole while, got 800MBPS for download constantly, however when I swapped to my router (TP LINK 1750AC) My speed dropped to only 70MBPS on an average, can I know why is it like this?!

PS. I'm connected by LAN thru the router to my laptop as I decided to move my computer into the room.

Thanks!
 

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,249
Reaction score
41
She didn't complain before we changed to 1Gbps, after changing she complained to me almost every night :s22:

Can't play games and can't watch her korean dramas and animes for her :s13:
For KR dramas, there is plenty of alternate sites out there for FOC watching but it's usually subbed in chinese..
 

bakasora

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,378
Reaction score
932
Sian.. I just signed up MyRepublic 1Gbps Gamer Plan. Direct connect ONT to laptop only reach 300Mbps. Twitch watch 10 seconds then buffer 10-30 seconds on high, sometimes even failed to load. Previously using M1 100Mbps can stream high with no problem.
 

Beefsteak

Master Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
3,547
Reaction score
152
Here is the latest reply from MR regarding the Twitch.tv issue.

"Hi Sir,

So sorry to inform you that Twitch has interrupted our service and we are unable to do anything to fix this issue. In fact, this is also affecting the other internet service providers.

However, we have already contacted them and we are awaiting their reply."
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
I subscribed for MyRepublic 1GBPS plan for a month already, was using LAN the whole while, got 800MBPS for download constantly, however when I swapped to my router (TP LINK 1750AC) My speed dropped to only 70MBPS on an average, can I know why is it like this?!

PS. I'm connected by LAN thru the router to my laptop as I decided to move my computer into the room.

Thanks!

May I know from which server did you download at 800Mbps?

Here is the latest reply from MR regarding the Twitch.tv issue.

"Hi Sir,

So sorry to inform you that Twitch has interrupted our service and we are unable to do anything to fix this issue. In fact, this is also affecting the other internet service providers.

However, we have already contacted them and we are awaiting their reply."

Liar, I was still watching Twitch on their 100Mbps line until last night without any issue, 2-3 channels at either high or source.
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
Sian.. I just signed up MyRepublic 1Gbps Gamer Plan. Direct connect ONT to laptop only reach 300Mbps. Twitch watch 10 seconds then buffer 10-30 seconds on high, sometimes even failed to load. Previously using M1 100Mbps can stream high with no problem.

Well its a know fact that some MR users are having twitch problems ,its a surprise that noone actually read it lols .

Theres been issues of china website speed too .I will check it out once my new SH installation is done to verify:) .

Higher local speed doesn't neccessary means better international surf/stream experience anyways.
 

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
7,355
Reaction score
1
Now over here no more tech support from lawzer and gang.

It's either you call them or nothing.

I tried email and online chat, not useful at all

Their service ,knowledge and experience cannot compare to lawzer and his gang .

They can't hang ard in hwz like in the past , they are busy clearing up all the damage the MR 1Gbp launched has done to MR. Its dirty work bro;).

EDIT:I noticed some same same users trying to minimise damage to MR over the few weeks .I suspect they might be multi acc of low level MR staffs anyways but chosen to remain anon cause they gonna be hammered if they reveal themselves or somethg.
Just a interesting observation .
 
Last edited:

Baka187

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Twitch with MR is terrible, whats the point in 1Gbps if can't even stream on low? Even my 4G tether can stream on high smoothly, saying that other telcos are affected is just a cover up, my 10mbps friend on Starhub can at least stream twitch on medium smoothly.

Outrageous, they have the decency to say that it is not their fault, when obviously, the only ones having a problem with twitch are MyRepublic users!

When TI4 starts and this streaming issue isn't resolved, I'm gonna make sure their technical support is getting hell from me.
 

polydor

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Twitch with MR is terrible, whats the point in 1Gbps if can't even stream on low? Even my 4G tether can stream on high smoothly, saying that other telcos are affected is just a cover up, my 10mbps friend on Starhub can at least stream twitch on medium smoothly.

Outrageous, they have the decency to say that it is not their fault, when obviously, the only ones having a problem with twitch are MyRepublic users!

When TI4 starts and this streaming issue isn't resolved, I'm gonna make sure their technical support is getting hell from me.

TI4 can watch on dota2 tv . still can chill , but the rest compy match cant watch :(
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Twitch with MR is terrible, whats the point in 1Gbps if can't even stream on low? Even my 4G tether can stream on high smoothly, saying that other telcos are affected is just a cover up, my 10mbps friend on Starhub can at least stream twitch on medium smoothly.

Outrageous, they have the decency to say that it is not their fault, when obviously, the only ones having a problem with twitch are MyRepublic users!

When TI4 starts and this streaming issue isn't resolved, I'm gonna make sure their technical support is getting hell from me.

Strange... please read my posts above. I'm on their 100Mbps and Twich has never been an issue.

Don't scare me that after upgrading to 1G then there come the problem :(
 

polydor

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Strange... please read my posts above. I'm on their 100Mbps and Twich has never been an issue.

Don't scare me that after upgrading to 1G then there come the problem :(

dun know leh, when i first use 1Gbps , everything are fine and set until source. but now suddenly super worst.
 

bakasora

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
2,378
Reaction score
932
Guys, a temporary workaround is to use US VPN to watch twitch. I used hotspot shield elite trial, able to watch on source quality for 30 mins without dropping.
 

Baka187

Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Buy ticket, support the organizer.

Already bought compendium + 4800 CP, support enough liao. I don't just want to watch on dota tv, I want to watch after game analysis, interviews and all. Not being able to even stream on Low is a huge issue as compared to my 4G network, I can't use all my data just cause MR can't provide right?

I'm pretty sure most of their CSO are trained to Tai Chi the blame onto twitch, extremely frustrating to watch twitch now, I have even went as low as Mobile quality, but it is really too blur to even see anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top