MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Same to my parent home , my latest router is asus RT56u buy from MR , manage to hit 800mbps below only

does that mean I need to upgrade to ASUS RT-AC68U

for 1Gbps..?

RT-N56U good enough for 1gbps?

or at least better esr9850

I'm using RT AC-56U and this is my test result
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/86848753-post6612.html

No need 68U as the only difference is the 5Ghz wifi throughput.
 

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Messages
8,133
Reaction score
402
MyRepublic is wasting my time

telling me to wait 1-2 weeks for their asus router

so I have to 1-2 weeks of sub-par internet performance...

I am a MR recontract , why cant they just tell bundle a asus router together?

and cant even go down to collect within 1-2 days... still must wait


Thumbs down
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic is wasting my time

telling me to wait 1-2 weeks for their asus router

so I have to 1-2 weeks of sub-par internet performance...

I am a MR recontract , why cant they just tell bundle a asus router together?

and cant even go down to collect within 1-2 days... still must wait


Thumbs down

Strange... I also recontract, indicated on the form to have bundled Asus router, and they brought one during installation.
 

keanteac

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
18,879
Reaction score
8
Any MyRepublic brother here ?
Can help me check when is my turn for 1Gbps upgrade ?
Now very slow when connect to China site.
I'm long time MyRepublic subscriber and pay my bill on time.
Please don't forget me for new customers.
Thanks. :(:(:(:(
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
MyRepublic is wasting my time

telling me to wait 1-2 weeks for their asus router

so I have to 1-2 weeks of sub-par internet performance...

I am a MR recontract , why cant they just tell bundle a asus router together?

and cant even go down to collect within 1-2 days... still must wait


Thumbs down

Router OOS la. You bobian also.

Any MyRepublic brother here ?
Can help me check when is my turn for 1Gbps upgrade ?
Now very slow when connect to China site.
I'm long time MyRepublic subscriber and pay my bill on time.
Please don't forget me for new customers.
Thanks. :(:(:(:(

PM them or contact their livechat
 

kevinsnow

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
got ONT/Router installation appointment this afternoon 2-6pm, now 4:40pm, no one showed up
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Anyone encountered limited Internet access through wired connection earlier on and back to normal after restart the router?
 

coranyge

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
9
I am scheduled for an upgrade to 1Gbps this Friday. MR told me to be at home from 2-5pm and mentioned something about Opennet will need to do some configuration in the morning but did not mention if I have to be around. Chatted with MR CSO online and they mentioned they dont know?

Guys who upgraded to 1Gbps any ideas if we have to be at home for the opennet guys? thanks
 

nestorvie

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
got ONT/Router installation appointment this afternoon 2-6pm, now 4:40pm, no one showed up

you so impatient ... mine 2-6 then postponed to 6-7 then finally came at 7:20, still happy... as long as it didn't drag to another day.
 

kevinsnow

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
All right, I was too impatient.
Technician come at 6pm, then installation was only less than 10 mins
Here got speed test, amazing
3611226484.png
 

ArleFK

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
2,089
Reaction score
0
I am scheduled for an upgrade to 1Gbps this Friday. MR told me to be at home from 2-5pm and mentioned something about Opennet will need to do some configuration in the morning but did not mention if I have to be around. Chatted with MR CSO online and they mentioned they dont know?

Guys who upgraded to 1Gbps any ideas if we have to be at home for the opennet guys? thanks

Sometimes Open Net can do it from their backend so no one is needed to be at home

All right, I was too impatient.
Technician come at 6pm, then installation was only less than 10 mins
Here got speed test, amazing
3611226484.png

Shiokness:s12:
 

newbish

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
4
by the way, just a feedback if any MR staff is even here. the technician that came to install at my place had an outdated laptop with fast ethernet? how was he supposed to test my gigabit connection with that? luckily i had mine prepared.

just saying. :o
 

misato

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,148
Reaction score
0
by the way, just a feedback if any MR staff is even here. the technician that came to install at my place had an outdated laptop with fast ethernet? how was he supposed to test my gigabit connection with that? luckily i had mine prepared.

just saying. :o

I think the notebook is the technician personal one.
 

advanced1

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Any myrepublic bros here? hahaz emailed to ur cso last wk but still no reply so hav to hijack this thread...anyway can refund my 1 mth subscription which u promise to waive when i traded in my router 2 yrs back? and hopefully u can still remb my last 2 mths of subscription is slated to be waived off too hor? dun forget me for ur new customers too leh ~~~
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top