MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHePilGriM

Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
What is wrong with MR seriously?? I received sms telling me that MR is unable to deduct the payment from my card about a month ago. I called the back and checked however, the bank told me there is nothing wrong with my account. After which the CSO found out that it was due to the card expiry date on my card. She then updated it and the payment went smoothly after that.

I went into my MR account to check my bill a week later and I found out MR charged me penalty fee of $10. The CSO told me my bill payment was late for 3 weeks so I was charged with the penalty fee of $10.

I also encountered similar experience recently. Didn't received any email from MR after July and suddenly received on Oct 1 - Payment Failed Reminder 2 which said I will be charged $10 administrative fee for the reminder. I did not even received the 1st reminder.

The failed payment was also due to the change on my card expiry date.
 

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
9,805
Reaction score
66
wow this thread is so much better than "please leave your feedback/inquiries at www.singt......"

cant wait to signup for MR!
 

meqwerty

Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
4
Just a quick qn... when is MR going to implement number porting for the phone line? My contract just ended and I cant wait to jump ship but number port is a must have.
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
Just a quick qn... when is MR going to implement number porting for the phone line? My contract just ended and I cant wait to jump ship but number port is a must have.
Number porting is not in place yet.
You can most likely retain your digital line with your current provider
Plus sign up with MR
 

ussr_1991

Banned
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
5,460
Reaction score
419
Just a quick qn... when is MR going to implement number porting for the phone line? My contract just ended and I cant wait to jump ship but number port is a must have.

Unfortunately, due to bad business policy by Big 3 aka Singtel, Starhub and M1, they are unwilling to co-operate with this issue and hence small ISP players like MyRepublic or ViewQwest wished to number port also cannot.

But within the smaller ISP, also no number port. Haha.

Your best bet is to jump to MR, and at the same time subscribe to Starhub or Singtel's Digital Voice depending on what home line you are using now.

For Starhub, it is $10.49 per month

For Singtel, it is $9.81 per month


Of course, if you realize and disgusted by such unfair practice, you can always jump ship and ditch the phone line. However, I confess that it must be an hassle to update everybody on your new home line (MR provides home line with 3XXX XXXX format as it is a new standard of Internet Telephony aka Digital Voice that do appear on 6XXX XXXX as well).
 

wwh5210

Master Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
2,994
Reaction score
348
I also encountered similar experience recently. Didn't received any email from MR after July and suddenly received on Oct 1 - Payment Failed Reminder 2 which said I will be charged $10 administrative fee for the reminder. I did not even received the 1st reminder.

The failed payment was also due to the change on my card expiry date.

There are some serious problems with their billing system. I just hope that the problem can be settle asap.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Hi Im quite sold on the MR offering but have one question which I cannot find any answer to.

I will be using Apple TV with MR to get onto netflix and hulu for films and tv shows.

But where can I hope to watch news channels like can, bbd, al jazeera etc?

Cheers.
 

nivleK1985

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
Hi Im quite sold on the MR offering but have one question which I cannot find any answer to.

I will be using Apple TV with MR to get onto netflix and hulu for films and tv shows.

But where can I hope to watch news channels like can, bbd, al jazeera etc?

Cheers.

On your computer =).
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
On your computer =).

Could you elaborate? I'm talking about watching a constant stream of news programming such as cnn/bbc/fox/cbs/nbc etc on television....just like I would with cable companies. Is that possible?
 
Last edited:

Demori

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Could you elaborate? I'm talking about watching a constant stream of news programming such as cnn/bbc/fox/cbs/nbc etc on television....just like I would with cable companies. Is that possible?

Yea, I'm able to access all the sites you just listed in there using my MR line. Something called Teleport I think. Can check it out on their website.
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Thanks guys.

Another question to help me understand Teleport better.

Does teleport function more like a VPN or is it just a dns setting that works only for netflix, hulu and the other names on the list provided on the myrepublic website?

Will teleport make me have a US Ip address everywhere I visit on the net....even hardware zone?
 
Last edited:

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys.

Another question to help me understand Teleport better.

Does teleport function more like a VPN or is it just a dns setting that works only for netflix, hulu and the other names on the list provided on the myrepublic website?

Will teleport make me have a US Ip address everywhere I visit on the net....even hardware zone?

Hi Fiddler,

Teleport is only available for select sites at the moment (as you said, like a DNS setting, your DNS needs to be set to our servers to access the content). Elsewhere on the internet, you'll retain your local IP :)

Bolts
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
yeap.
10 char.

Hi there,

We have recently sent out the compenstation emails for those who have been affected by the fire at the Bukit Panjang exchange. Do drop our hotline a call if you have not received said compensation email yet :)

Bolts
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
Hi Fiddler,

Teleport is only available for select sites at the moment (as you said, like a DNS setting, your DNS needs to be set to our servers to access the content). Elsewhere on the internet, you'll retain your local IP :)

Bolts

Thanks for answering this vital question.

Would you be able to provide the complete list of sites that the Teleport works with as of now?

Pls PM me if that is more appropriate. Cheers.
 

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
6,405
Reaction score
2
Thanks for answering this vital question.

Would you be able to provide the complete list of sites that the Teleport works with as of now?

Pls PM me if that is more appropriate. Cheers.
everything is listed on MyRepublic's website.
this is not a hush hush service.. goodness... :s22:
 

Fiddler

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
1,054
everything is listed on MyRepublic's website.
this is not a hush hush service.. goodness... :s22:

Will do. Sorry if my questions bug you...I'm quite new to this...Im sure I will learn fast, thanks to the excellent advice on this thread.

BTW, I evaluated apple tv vs Roku 3 for my needs and find the Roku will be just what I need.

So forgive the newbie again if I ask: are many of you using Roku 3 with MR and getting good results?

(I have searched and seen a few replies but some were critical, that's why I ask again.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top