MyRepublic fibre - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solkarnar

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2000
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
17
Seems like there are so many unhappy customers.. is there anyone here who's actually satisfied with MR?

I'm a new home owner looking to get 1G internet. It's either this or M1

Truth be told, im sure there are a lot of satisfied users, it's just that they dont come here to complain if there is nothing wrong.

im on the old 150mbps gamer plan and my 2 years is up soon. im still thinking of whether to recontract or not, but im tending towads no.
 

roborovsky

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
9,311
Reaction score
2,314
Upgraded my 100 Mbps to 300 cos contract ended. Last few days the connection had been very unstable, just last night alone there were 3 occasions of down com. Had to on-off Ont & router. Watched movie half way, surfing half way suddenly no internet connection. Got so fed up just switched off totally for whole night. Problem is my VOIP will be switched off too. Really frustrating. I didn't had much problem with the 100Mbps. Now this 300Mbps is slower than my mobile 4G. Haizz...
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
Seems like there are so many unhappy customers.. is there anyone here who's actually satisfied with MR?

I'm a new home owner looking to get 1G internet. It's either this or M1

If you do not really need the 1Gpbs Internet, you can consider the "dark" side.

If one of your considerations is customer service, then avoid MR for now.
 
Last edited:

Plastick

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
7,330
Reaction score
81
I may have to stay with MR (my previous 100mbps contract already over for months) since i do need the 'no-cap' for p2p but find VQ abit too expensive for me :(
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Now I'm in a dilemma. I'm shifting to my new house early next year, and have two options:

1. Relocate my 1Gbps MR plan to my new place for S$160.50, and get my in-law (who doesn't require a very fast internet connection) to sign up for some cheap cable plan. Con: Potentially a huge banana skin, cause I'll never know if the new (old resale flat) house has sufficient fiber capacity, or whether MR will screw up the transfer (no Internet = no moving in).

2. Hand off my 1Gbps MR plan to my in-law, and sign up for ViewQwest's new attractive plans at SITEX 2014. Going by their reviews, I am almost assured that there will be zero "mis-communication" and prompt customer service. Con: 1Gbps still looks expensive at S$90.00.

In deep dilemma now, hmm.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
Now I'm in a dilemma. I'm shifting to my new house early next year, and have two options:

1. Relocate my 1Gbps MR plan to my new place for S$160.50, and get my in-law (who doesn't require a very fast internet connection) to sign up for some cheap cable plan. Con: Potentially a huge banana skin, cause I'll never know if the new (old resale flat) house has sufficient fiber capacity, or whether MR will screw up the transfer (no Internet = no moving in).

2. Hand off my 1Gbps MR plan to my in-law, and sign up for ViewQwest's new attractive plans at SITEX 2014. Going by their reviews, I am almost assured that there will be zero "mis-communication" and prompt customer service. Con: 1Gbps still looks expensive at S$90.00.

In deep dilemma now, hmm.

Mus u really go for 1gbps for vq? 600mbps plan good enough le...
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Mus u really go for 1gbps for vq? 600mbps plan good enough le...

Very good point that I'm asking myself now :o

I consider myself a moderate/heavy user, and even during the day I VPN to home for most of my Internet usage.

I know 1Gbps might be an overkill so perhaps I'd be okay with VQ's 600mbps plan.

Now I'm hoping they can spring a huge surprise at SITEX to make me an irresistible offer. =:p
 

MRUSER

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Did you try a vpn? I don't think MR is going to do anything despite all your bitching

Mine mobile n cable have no issues.. just post here so other user will take note of the crap service they can expect when they sign up
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
Now I'm in a dilemma. I'm shifting to my new house early next year, and have two options:

1. Relocate my 1Gbps MR plan to my new place for S$160.50, and get my in-law (who doesn't require a very fast internet connection) to sign up for some cheap cable plan. Con: Potentially a huge banana skin, cause I'll never know if the new (old resale flat) house has sufficient fiber capacity, or whether MR will screw up the transfer (no Internet = no moving in).

2. Hand off my 1Gbps MR plan to my in-law, and sign up for ViewQwest's new attractive plans at SITEX 2014. Going by their reviews, I am almost assured that there will be zero "mis-communication" and prompt customer service. Con: 1Gbps still looks expensive at S$90.00.

In deep dilemma now, hmm.

Very good point that I'm asking myself now :o

I consider myself a moderate/heavy user, and even during the day I VPN to home for most of my Internet usage.

I know 1Gbps might be an overkill so perhaps I'd be okay with VQ's 600mbps plan.

Now I'm hoping they can spring a huge surprise at SITEX to make me an irresistible offer. =:p

Another option is to terminate MR 1Gbps when the contract is up and get a cheaper plan (e.g. M1) for your in-laws if they are not heavy users and go for VQ 600Mbps on your new house.
 

_Xiphos_

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
0
im quite satisfied with MR. speed isnt always 1000gbps but its alright. 800+ 900+.. good enough for me. there was an issue for me whereby facebook full sized images were very slow to load but it seems alright nowadays. i dont use twitch. streaming pandora is always a breeze.

funny thing is, i started my installation and plan in august. they have been sending me my monthly invoices BUT my card has NEVER been charged. up til today, i have not paid a single cent. obviously i dont care if they dont charge me. it's not like im unwilling to pay. im just worried that they will suddenly terminate my line due to non-payment which totally isn't my fault if they dont wanna collect payment. advice on this? cheers bros
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,233
Reaction score
192
im quite satisfied with MR. speed isnt always 1000gbps but its alright. 800+ 900+.. good enough for me. there was an issue for me whereby facebook full sized images were very slow to load but it seems alright nowadays. i dont use twitch. streaming pandora is always a breeze.

funny thing is, i started my installation and plan in august. they have been sending me my monthly invoices BUT my card has NEVER been charged. up til today, i have not paid a single cent. obviously i dont care if they dont charge me. it's not like im unwilling to pay. im just worried that they will suddenly terminate my line due to non-payment which totally isn't my fault if they dont wanna collect payment. advice on this? cheers bros

FYI. The speed will never be at 1000gbps (in case of typo) or 1Gbps in real life. The max one can achieve is around 950Mbps +/-.
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
im quite satisfied with MR. speed isnt always 1000gbps but its alright. 800+ 900+.. good enough for me. there was an issue for me whereby facebook full sized images were very slow to load but it seems alright nowadays. i dont use twitch. streaming pandora is always a breeze.

funny thing is, i started my installation and plan in august. they have been sending me my monthly invoices BUT my card has NEVER been charged. up til today, i have not paid a single cent. obviously i dont care if they dont charge me. it's not like im unwilling to pay. im just worried that they will suddenly terminate my line due to non-payment which totally isn't my fault if they dont wanna collect payment. advice on this? cheers bros

1000Mbps bro. 1000Gbps is too power. LOL.

Anyway, best is you can drop an email to mybilling@myrepublic.com.sg to check if you have any balance need to pay. Don't mention that they never charge. If they say no, just keep that email lo. :)
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
May I kindly ask someone with a Netflix subscription whether you're able to stream at 3000kbps?

I noticed that recently my streams are all capped at 1750kbps. Even forcing the streaming rate manually (Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S), I only get 1750kbps as the highest option.

I hope this has nothing to do with MyRepublic rate-limiting Netflix.

Tried Chrome (doesn't work as of now, white screen and nothing else), Firefox (1750kbps max.) and Internet Explorer (1750kbps max.)

Edit: My bad, besides being unable to stream on Chrome (tested okay with another paid VPN service), it was the streams I chose that didn't have 3000kbps options.

I am able to stream The Walking Dead on 3000kbps just fine.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top