MyRepublic Mobile discussion thread

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
All MR lite?

Yes. All lite plans.

Promo price. Decent data quota 6GB + good amount of 300 mins talk time and 300 SMS with unlimited data at managed speed. Perfect fully functional roaming services for calls and SMS. Roaming SMS and call is important to me. Good part is that can make cheap roaming calls using their talk app too. Good plan all rounded.

Dun think there is any better plan at this moment especially after the promo is over.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Just applied porting from TPG trial plan. Trial plan ends 30 May, delivery of MyRepublic SIM 29 May. Hopefully, porting can be successful before Tpg cuts out ��

Wah. Need to have no hiccup in between for smooth port-over sia.

I think I will cancel my TPG also. 50GB is a lot but it is not unlimited to me so in the end also it will not be enough too.

besides, how is it like after submitted the termination? is that after submitted the termination request, cannot change the option to renew for the $10 anymore? can submit the choice one time only?
 
Last edited:

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,473
Reaction score
18,631
Wah. Need to have no hiccup in between for smooth port-over sia.

I think I will cancel my TPG also. 50GB is a lot but it is not unlimited to me so in the end also it will not be enough too.

besides, how is it like after submitted the termination? is that after submitted the termination request, cannot change the option to renew for the $10 anymore? can submit the choice one time only?

I think cannot decision, i went to their portal and see that my option has been made, cannot reverse to change to paid $10 plan.

Hopefully, my porting to MyRepublic is successful. Dangerous, 29 May SIM delivery, 30 May TPG trial plan cease and gg. Hopefully, the port will be successful during 30 May midnight.
 

Mannnnnn

Member
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Just applied porting from TPG trial plan. Trial plan ends 30 May, delivery of MyRepublic SIM 29 May. Hopefully, porting can be successful before Tpg cuts out 🤔

Hahaha that's what I did too. But Myrepublic SIM coming tomorrow. Didn't wanna set too late a date otherwise if delay gg
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,473
Reaction score
18,631
Hahaha that's what I did too. But Myrepublic SIM coming tomorrow. Didn't wanna set too late a date otherwise if delay gg

I set it late is because I want billing cycle to be first of the month. For SIM activation on 29, 30 and 31st, billing cycle will start on the 1st of the month.
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
Anyone can help on this?

I port in to CMLink an old number accidentally. I am not happy with CMLink service. I wish to port out to MyRepublic but MR doesn’t have CMLink as one of the telcos for porting in.

Chat with MR agent online, no clear answer.

Chat with CMLink customer service, they are checking.

Porting in and out for commercial service is by default mandatory by IMDA or not?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,473
Reaction score
18,631
Anyone can help on this?

I port in to CMLink an old number accidentally. I am not happy with CMLink service. I wish to port out to MyRepublic but MR doesn’t have CMLink as one of the telcos for porting in.

Chat with MR agent online, no clear answer.

Chat with CMLink customer service, they are checking.

Porting in and out for commercial service is by default mandatory by IMDA or not?

CMLink should allow port out. During the sign up page on MyRepublic, try select Singtel as an option since CMLink uses Singtel. Then, follow the same process to verify via otp. Continue to send to order, see if you can get the confirmation email lo.
 

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
23,300
Reaction score
4,276
Anyone can help on this?

I port in to CMLink an old number accidentally. I am not happy with CMLink service. I wish to port out to MyRepublic but MR doesn’t have CMLink as one of the telcos for porting in.

Chat with MR agent online, no clear answer.

Chat with CMLink customer service, they are checking.

Porting in and out for commercial service is by default mandatory by IMDA or not?

contact IMDA directly
 

Mannnnnn

Member
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
I set it late is because I want billing cycle to be first of the month. For SIM activation on 29, 30 and 31st, billing cycle will start on the 1st of the month.

Ahhh I didn't thought of that also. But yeah would be easier to have the billing cycle starting on the start of the month
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
I think cannot decision, i went to their portal and see that my option has been made, cannot reverse to change to paid $10 plan.

Hopefully, my porting to MyRepublic is successful. Dangerous, 29 May SIM delivery, 30 May TPG trial plan cease and gg. Hopefully, the port will be successful during 30 May midnight.

haha. yeah. room for mistake is very small. :D

I set it late is because I want billing cycle to be first of the month. For SIM activation on 29, 30 and 31st, billing cycle will start on the 1st of the month.

oh? only applies to 29, 30, 31st? for my first sim with them, it starts exactly on the date the sim is activated.
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,473
Reaction score
18,631
haha. yeah. room for mistake is very small. :D



oh? only applies to 29, 30, 31st? for my first sim with them, it starts exactly on the date the sim is activated.

Yup, today I msg cso before I apply to confirm billing cycle. She mentioned activation date 29, 30, 31st billing date will be 1st. You will not be charged another cycle from 29 to 31st.

I can confirm this, last month when i ported my parents 2 lines to MR. Delivery of SIM and activation is on 30th April, Billing cycle starts 1st May. Not charged for 30th.

They have a few billing cycles, maybe your activation date is just right on the day of billing cycle.

Like M1, they have cycles on 1st, 6th, 21st. These are the known billing cycle from M1. Not sure about the rest
 
Last edited:

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
CMLink should allow port out. During the sign up page on MyRepublic, try select Singtel as an option since CMLink uses Singtel. Then, follow the same process to verify via otp. Continue to send to order, see if you can get the confirmation email lo.

Ok tmr then try
 

iamhulk

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2020
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
577
My SIM card delivery is on 29 May. CSO told me billing cycle starts on 29 May when I asked this question.

Yup, today I msg cso before I apply to confirm billing cycle. She mentioned activation date 29, 30, 31st billing date will be 1st. You will not be charged another cycle from 29 to 31st.

I can confirm this, last month when i ported my parents 2 lines to MR. Delivery of SIM and activation is on 30th April, Billing cycle starts 1st May. Not charged for 30th.

They have a few billing cycles, maybe your activation date is just right on the day of billing cycle.

Like M1, they have cycles on 1st, 6th, 21st. These are the known billing cycle from M1. Not sure about the rest
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
Yup, today I msg cso before I apply to confirm billing cycle. She mentioned activation date 29, 30, 31st billing date will be 1st. You will not be charged another cycle from 29 to 31st.

I can confirm this, last month when i ported my parents 2 lines to MR. Delivery of SIM and activation is on 30th April, Billing cycle starts 1st May. Not charged for 30th.

They have a few billing cycles, maybe your activation date is just right on the day of billing cycle.

Like M1, they have cycles on 1st, 6th, 21st. These are the known billing cycle from M1. Not sure about the rest

I see. Ok. Maybe I will try to sign up on 30 May since I still have two more lines to sign.
 

Mannnnnn

Member
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
You check tmr with MyRepublic whether can change your delivery date.

Shag can't seem to change unless email them or contact their cs but delivery tomorrow morning. Hahaha toh. Unless I don't activate it yet? But wouldn't work that way 😅
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,473
Reaction score
18,631
Shag can't seem to change unless email them or contact their cs but delivery tomorrow morning. Hahaha toh. Unless I don't activate it yet? But wouldn't work that way 😅
Yeah. Don't think you can cancel delivery. But if failed delivery and need and second attempt, there will be charges.

MyRepublic will initiate the porting and activation when the SIM is out for delivery. So there is no way you can activate it "later". Unless you try pm cs, can I activate on 30th. Go turn circles🤔 to cs
 

Mannnnnn

Member
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Yeah. Don't think you can cancel delivery. But if failed delivery and need and second attempt, there will be charges.

MyRepublic will initiate the porting and activation when the SIM is out for delivery. So there is no way you can activate it "later". Unless you try pm cs, can I activate on 30th. Go turn circles🤔 to cs

Ya that's why. Quite nice already give free delivery. I'll drop them an email see if can or not luh hahaha no choice. If not just start 22 uh hahahaha
 

Mannnnnn

Member
Joined
May 19, 2020
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
If use credit card to pay bills they will charge you at the end of the billing cycle right?

If use debit card to pay bill, will they charge you at the start or at the end of the billing cycle?

Not sure If this was asked before so paiseh in advance if someone had asked or answered this before thanks thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top