Nano SIM Conversion Cutting service [Free]

ellei_ram

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Can I avail of this free service too, please? Would like to have this done at your PS shop if possible. Thanks.
 

ellei_ram

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Went to PS kiosk this afternoon and had my two micro sim cards cut by one staff. Two thumbs up for this free service which shows the generosity of the thread starter. Thanks again for his act of kindness :D
 

HoGnix

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
551
Just for info,
I went to SIM LIM SQ few days ago and hope to get my old 3G mini SIM cut to nano SIM.
But the shop staff which offer paid cut service told me that the SIM card is old one and it cannot be done due to the die size of the old sim card.
See similiar Picture:
2gSIMCard.jpg


Back home, I want to cut the SIM card by myself ( use scissors)before heading to Singtel shop. I looked at the following URL about the nano SIM cut.

Convert Micro SIM To Nano Simi Phone 5 : Geek Super

As per the guide, the old SIM card need to cut the entire forth row which parts of the SIM die occupied. so that the remain three row will be aligned with the contact points at the middle.

What I did is, I moved the cut line down about 0.8 MM, so that actual cut will not damage the die and the three contact points were still able to connect to the first three rows.

Finally I succeed, the old SIM card now is used on my Iphone5 without any problem.
 
Last edited:

urchjin

Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
377
Reaction score
0
Great service provided by the West Mall staff this afternoon. Definitely the go-to guys if you need your SIM cards done. Extra points for not pressuring my to buy a case there as well as you guys didn't have any black shock proof casings then... Many thanks again!
 

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,198
Reaction score
0
Just for info,
I went to SIM LIM SQ few days ago and hope to get my old 3G mini SIM cut to nano SIM.
But the shop staff which offer paid cut service told me that the SIM card is old one and it cannot be done due to the die size of the old sim card.
See similiar Picture:
2gSIMCard.jpg


Back home, I want to cut the SIM card by myself ( use scissors)before heading to Singtel shop. I looked at the following URL about the nano SIM cut.

Convert Micro SIM To Nano Simi Phone 5 : Geek Super

As per the guide, the old SIM card need to cut the entire forth row which parts of the SIM die occupied. so that the remain three row will be aligned with the contact points at the middle.

What I did is, I moved the cut line down about 0.8 MM, so that actual cut will not damage the die and the three contact points were still able to connect to the first three rows.

Finally I succeed, the old SIM card now is used on my Iphone5 without any problem.

dun listen to these people as they know nuts,i have cut all sorts of sim and all working very well.
 

LonelyMan

Master Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
2,748
Reaction score
0
Cut mine at J8. No questions asked.

I need to file off the corners a bit as they are cut out with sharp edges. It then gives me a better fit on the adapters and iPhone sim tray.
 

spore

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the great service in J8.

For awareness, they do sell other gadgets accessories like iPad mini covers, screen protectors, cables, etc. Good location too for their outlets so if you need any accessories, do drop by their shops so see if any fits your needs.
 

vichchu

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the great service in J8.

For awareness, they do sell other gadgets accessories like iPad mini covers, screen protectors, cables, etc. Good location too for their outlets so if you need any accessories, do drop by their shops so see if any fits your needs.

May I know the shop details?
Thanks.
 

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
6,607
Reaction score
122
Can someone pls PM me the location or name of the shop in J8 & AMK HUB that offer the free sim cutting service?

Many thanks
 
Last edited:

CheongKing

Banned
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
For those who stay punggol
Can cut for u free
Got the cutter....
Normal SIM to micro SIM
Micro SIM to nano SIM

PM Me...
 
Last edited:

tang63

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
1
Do they do mini sim to nano sim?

and where to buy the mini sim card adaptor for nano sim card ar? Cuz I using multiple phones.
 

mister__big

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I went to the West Mall outlet today and got my SIM card cut, then bought a screen protector in appreciation of their free service. Would've bought a Lightning cable too but they didn't carry it. Thanks for offering such a great service to the community! :s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top