[Need Advice] Acer Switch 3

feeltherain

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
10,227
Reaction score
3,923
Would like a portable and light laptop.

What do you think of Acer Switch 3?
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Let me preface that I'm not really a fan of the hybrid devices. If you need a light laptop, why not just consider the swift 5, if you have the money for it? The swift 5 is like only 900+ grams and is actually lighter than the switch 3. If you're on a budget, the swift 3 is a lot cheaper, and is only 200g heavier than the switch 3. In addition, the swift 3 and 5 actually functions like a proper laptop, instead of the hybrid nature of the switch 3.
 

feeltherain

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
10,227
Reaction score
3,923
Let me preface that I'm not really a fan of the hybrid devices. If you need a light laptop, why not just consider the swift 5, if you have the money for it? The swift 5 is like only 900+ grams and is actually lighter than the switch 3. If you're on a budget, the swift 3 is a lot cheaper, and is only 200g heavier than the switch 3. In addition, the swift 3 and 5 actually functions like a proper laptop, instead of the hybrid nature of the switch 3.


Thank you for your advice. =:p
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I think it depends on your usage pattern. I actually enjoyed using a hybrid laptop, and was using a Lenovo Miix 720 previously. It is very versatile, and I can use it almost everywhere I bring it by removing the detachable keyboard. On the flipside, they tend to run hotter under load because of the slim profile, and the lack of connectivity ports can be quite troublesome.

I do recommend that you think through your usage patterns. If you are a big fan of tablets, then a hybrid may appeal to you. Otherwise, I do agree that the likes of a Swift 3 is better and more powerful.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top