yongen.lee
Junior Member
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2013
- Messages
- 68
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey guys, need some advice regarding my Acer x5810 PC.
Some background:
I bought the PC from Harvey Norman some years back, and during one of the breakdowns (yes, Acer always breaks down, haha) the extended warranty guy (I believe it's under Star Warranty) replaced my graphics card with a downgrade without telling me.
I was busy with school and not gaming at the time so I wasn't affected. I only found out later on because the subsequent repair guy (breakdown again) accidentally revealed it as he didn't know that I wasn't informed.
In recent times I started playing games again (Path of Exile and Dragon Age 1/2) and I was disappointed to find I have bad lag and graphics issues (I didn't have any issue with Dragon Age 1 previously). And ultimately, the pc seems to have broken down completely, I suspect due to graphics card issue again.
So here are my questions:
1. Is there any point in approaching Harvey Norman or Star to ask them to change my graphics card back?
My last contact with them was about 1 year+ ago (yes, I know it's rather my fault for waiting so long), and the ultimate point of this is to make sure the PC can game again.
2. Will my PC (Acer x5810) be good enough to play games (casually) with if they change the graphics card back?
Quick link to specs: Acer Aspire X5810 specs - Engadget
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not good with computer specs. For example Path of Exile says it requires 2GB RAM. My computer specs say I have 1GB Video RAM and 8GB RAM. I'm...confused. Also, I have no idea if "NVIDIA (GeForce)" is good enough to support the game.
3. What is your recommended course of action for me? Should I approach them to get it changed back? Should I just head to an IT shop and get it upgraded/repaired? If so do you have a good shop to recommend?
Sorry for the long post. Really appreciate you taking the time to read through. and reply. Thanks in advance! If you find it inconvenient to advise/recommend here, do drop me a PM. Thanks again!
Some background:
I bought the PC from Harvey Norman some years back, and during one of the breakdowns (yes, Acer always breaks down, haha) the extended warranty guy (I believe it's under Star Warranty) replaced my graphics card with a downgrade without telling me.
I was busy with school and not gaming at the time so I wasn't affected. I only found out later on because the subsequent repair guy (breakdown again) accidentally revealed it as he didn't know that I wasn't informed.
In recent times I started playing games again (Path of Exile and Dragon Age 1/2) and I was disappointed to find I have bad lag and graphics issues (I didn't have any issue with Dragon Age 1 previously). And ultimately, the pc seems to have broken down completely, I suspect due to graphics card issue again.
So here are my questions:
1. Is there any point in approaching Harvey Norman or Star to ask them to change my graphics card back?
My last contact with them was about 1 year+ ago (yes, I know it's rather my fault for waiting so long), and the ultimate point of this is to make sure the PC can game again.
2. Will my PC (Acer x5810) be good enough to play games (casually) with if they change the graphics card back?
Quick link to specs: Acer Aspire X5810 specs - Engadget
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm not good with computer specs. For example Path of Exile says it requires 2GB RAM. My computer specs say I have 1GB Video RAM and 8GB RAM. I'm...confused. Also, I have no idea if "NVIDIA (GeForce)" is good enough to support the game.
3. What is your recommended course of action for me? Should I approach them to get it changed back? Should I just head to an IT shop and get it upgraded/repaired? If so do you have a good shop to recommend?
Sorry for the long post. Really appreciate you taking the time to read through. and reply. Thanks in advance! If you find it inconvenient to advise/recommend here, do drop me a PM. Thanks again!
