Need advice

magnitude

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
5,914
Reaction score
29
I have an i5 750 rig. But my mobo just died. I was wondering if i should get a seconds mobo for my i5 750 or i should just get a budget combo like intel g3258+mobo?

Are there any significant improvement at all if i upgrade to a latest tech but somewhat budget? If not i should find a seconds mobo.
 

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2005
Messages
10,618
Reaction score
178
Might be good to tell us what other components you can salvage so that we can recommend you the correct models of mobo to go for :)
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,236
Reaction score
2,573
I have an i5 750 rig. But my mobo just died. I was wondering if i should get a seconds mobo for my i5 750 or i should just get a budget combo like intel g3258+mobo?

Are there any significant improvement at all if i upgrade to a latest tech but somewhat budget? If not i should find a seconds mobo.

if just base on ur cpu.. its still pretty good.. if u could get a new cheap mb or a good 2nd hand its good to go..
but for the other parts of ur pc.. till u give us ur spec..
 

magnitude

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
5,914
Reaction score
29
Might be good to tell us what other components you can salvage so that we can recommend you the correct models of mobo to go for :)

Bought budget also in 2009-2010 i think.

GPU - Palit GTS 250
RAM - Unknown module 4GB
PSU - Andyson 500w 80+ Bronze

The performance increment to a new budget combo not much from i5 750? Hard to find the lga1156 seconds mobo now.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,236
Reaction score
2,573
Bought budget also in 2009-2010 i think.

GPU - Palit GTS 250
RAM - Unknown module 4GB
PSU - Andyson 500w 80+ Bronze

The performance increment to a new budget combo not much from i5 750? Hard to find the lga1156 seconds mobo now.

if not then u have get a new rig.
gts 250... now low.
4gb ram.. now 64bit no use
andyson if u wan to get a new card.. u might have to upgrade that.
but if.. u dont really game alot or hard processing..
ur rig is still pretty good.. if u can a MB..
 

blammm

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2011
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
The performance increment to a new budget combo not much from i5 750? Hard to find the lga1156 seconds mobo now.

My brother using i7 950 and i'm using i7 3770K performance difference is quite a big margin.

If you cannot find 2nd mobo for your chipset. Then i suggest you look out for i5 3470 + Z77/H77 or i5 2500 sandy bridge series or so 2nd hand bundle around the forums if you want a nifty lil upgrade.
 

magnitude

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
5,914
Reaction score
29
Thanks. If I change to a latest i5, I can only salvage my HDD? Are the new MOBO usually backward compatible with old GPU like my palit gts 250?

Also can I still use my old PSU since the new generation CPUs have lower power consumption? Assuming I am using my old GPU card?
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,236
Reaction score
2,573
Thanks. If I change to a latest i5, I can only salvage my HDD? Are the new MOBO usually backward compatible with old GPU like my palit gts 250?

Also can I still use my old PSU since the new generation CPUs have lower power consumption? Assuming I am using my old GPU card?

can can///
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top