Need advice

johncorp

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting
 

wabbit92

Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
212
Reaction score
3
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting

The worse (and most likely )thing they can do to you is court martial followed by DB. Its not worth it brother. Your stay in DB is not counted as part of your NS. AWOL IS A VERY SERIOUS OFFENCE

Secondly, you have already openly declared your unit and your location and status. Now this is open news to all. Now all you need is someone from your current unit to read this and inform your superior of your intentions and trust me they will be monitoring you more.

Make your own NS journey more fruitful , learn a new skill in the interim. Read your books if you are furthering your education. Make new friends, help them in their duties, talk with them. Help them collect ration. SAF doesnt have a responsibilty to make your NS journey interesting/useful. Its on you to make it worthwhile.
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting
i’m pretty sure this is the ONLY useful thing you can do. The unuseful thing will be to squat in DB cause u will be charged for AWOL. Don’t be crazy ok
 

Calander

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2014
Messages
2,319
Reaction score
11
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting

sorry to say this is how it is going to be until you receive your internal posting (within NS Dri-clad). you are also not the only one having to experience this as well.

suggestion to you is to make friends with people there, be it NSF, Regulars, DXOs or civilian uncles and aunties.

attendance wise. You still need to report regardless it is heavily enforced or not because it takes just one AWOL to get charged.
 

pikafunk3

Banned
Joined
Apr 28, 2013
Messages
37,828
Reaction score
4,639
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting

you might as well be mentally prepared.

you may feel your time is better spent elsewhere again and again over the 2 years.

unfortunately, in the army, and also in the working world, it is no longer about yourself. use that as a learning experience, since you have to serve NS anyway.
 

johncorp

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
The worse (and most likely )thing they can do to you is court martial followed by DB. Its not worth it brother. Your stay in DB is not counted as part of your NS. AWOL IS A VERY SERIOUS OFFENCE

Secondly, you have already openly declared your unit and your location and status. Now this is open news to all. Now all you need is someone from your current unit to read this and inform your superior of your intentions and trust me they will be monitoring you more.

Make your own NS journey more fruitful , learn a new skill in the interim. Read your books if you are furthering your education. Make new friends, help them in their duties, talk with them. Help them collect ration. SAF doesnt have a responsibilty to make your NS journey interesting/useful. Its on you to make it worthwhile.

Thanks guys to everyone who replied. If that's the case I guess I'll be stuck doing nothing for a while. Thanks for all the good advice everyone!
 

Lovekpopdrama

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2018
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys to everyone who replied. If that's the case I guess I'll be stuck doing nothing for a while. Thanks for all the good advice everyone!

Everyone in NS treasure doing nothing. Pick up a hobby if you’re bored. Honestly if you feel doing nothing is bad idea, then you can take the initiative to do something productive.
Go to gym/run. Read a book. Play games. Do some revision. Sleep.

There’s a lot of things to do unless your intention is doing nothing.
 

Idme231

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
2
Read book and do more research. You will encounter yourself wanting to pick a skill. got more knowledge, more power. And sleep is enjoyable.
 

McFadden

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
9,020
Reaction score
953
I recently OOT, just got posted out of Tekong 2 weeks ago. Army placed me in née soon driclad centre and told me to wait for another posting, say this is temp posting. However I have been been at nee soon driclad centre for almost 2 weeks. Everyday come in I go mess area sleep on floor and use phone and wait till knock off then go home. Attendance for me doesn't seem heavily enforced either. Would like to know if i skip until they give me my proper unit posting, what is the worst punishment they can do? Cause I can do more useful things while waiting for my posting

what is driclad centre?
 

sohcheekeong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
682
Reaction score
1
what is driclad centre?

Nee Soon Driclad Centre houses the 6th Army Maintenance Base, the 3rd Army Maintenance Base and Supply Hub (East).
(Source: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3Wkn..._and_bases_of_the_Singapore_Armed_Forces.html).

The maintenance bases are responsible for the maintenance of the Army's vehicles, weapons, equipment and systems enabling our Army to maintain high levels of operational readiness consistently.
(Source: https://www.facebook.com/oursingaporearmy/posts/10156266075386063)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top