Need advise on my haswell build

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Hi. I'm planning to build a has well rig. I play normal games like dota2 and surfing net. This is my build in my mind, any better advice from guru? Is it better to build has well or i5 gen3?

Asrock b85m pro 4 + i5 4570
Wd blue 1tb
8gb ram? <-- which brand is cheap and good?
Seasonice s12i 520w
Tt commander ms-I

Currently I have a gt610 graphic card. I would like to ask if all these parts are compatible? My budget is below $850.
 

iKoori

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Your old GPU won't be suffice for you to play Dota 2.

Asrock B75M-DGS + i3 3220 ($293)
WD Blue 1GB ($85)
8GB RAM (Kingston 1333mhz 2x4GB, should be cheapest) (~$80)
Seasonic S12-II 520W ($89)
Thermaltake Commander MS-I USB 3.0 (No idea how much is this I guess its around $80)
So far: $627

Powercolor HD7850 2GB ($255)

Total: $885

These prices are from Cyberminds, I'm sure there are shops out there which sell these parts cheaper and as a bundle the total will be cheaper too.

You can even get a 7870 Myst if you manage to get to a shop which sells everything that could fit in your budget.

I see that you never include any OS / ODD so I guess you already have those or don't need those.
 

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Your old GPU won't be suffice for you to play Dota 2.

Asrock B75M-DGS + i3 3220 ($293)
WD Blue 1GB ($85)
8GB RAM (Kingston 1333mhz 2x4GB, should be cheapest) (~$80)
Seasonic S12-II 520W ($89)
Thermaltake Commander MS-I USB 3.0 (No idea how much is this I guess its around $80)
So far: $627

Powercolor HD7850 2GB ($255)

Total: $885

These prices are from Cyberminds, I'm sure there are shops out there which sell these parts cheaper and as a bundle the total will be cheaper too.

You can even get a 7870 Myst if you manage to get to a shop which sells everything that could fit in your budget.

I see that you never include any OS / ODD so I guess you already have those or don't need those.

Oh yes I need a os. No need odd. Hmm if that's the case how is gtx650 compare to hd7850?
 

twasken

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
285
Reaction score
0
A 7770 will suffice for your needs. Maxes out Dota 2 at highest settings comfortably and can play games like BF3 at medium settings.

CPU + Mobo: Intel Core i5 3470 + Asrock B75M-DGS @ $292
GPU: Powercolor 7770 PCS+ 1GB @ $160
PSU: FSP Raider 450W Silver @ $68
ODD: Samsung DVD-RW @ ~$22
HDD: WD 1TB Blue @ $81
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz @ ~$82
Casing: Sharkoon MS120 @ $52
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium @ $115
Total: $872. Buy and build at Tradepac. Can haggle to hit your $850 budget.
 

iKoori

Senior Member
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
A 7770 will suffice for your needs. Maxes out Dota 2 at highest settings comfortably and can play games like BF3 at medium settings.

CPU + Mobo: Intel Core i5 3470 + Asrock B75M-DGS @ $292
GPU: Powercolor 7770 PCS+ 1GB @ $160
PSU: FSP Raider 450W Silver @ $68
ODD: Samsung DVD-RW @ ~$22
HDD: WD 1TB Blue @ $81
RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz @ ~$82
Casing: Sharkoon MS120 @ $52
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium @ $115
Total: $872. Buy and build at Tradepac. Can haggle to hit your $850 budget.

Good build for TS needs though. Just recommending a better "game wise" build incase he wanna play some new titles. Btw he don't need ODD :s12:

TS could up the case to t28 without the ODD.

Reason why I recommend the 7850: its a 2GB card which MIGHT be more realistic for current usage now but might not for TS
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
I would recommend a 2gb gfx card over a 1gb card. This is to ensure that in future you are still able to play new titles. 1gb isnt suffice these days.

And yeah with your stated budget it is impossible to get a haswell build


Asrock B75m-dgs + i5-3350P ~ $271
Kingston Value Ram 8gb ~ $81
WD Blue 500gb ~ $70
Leadtek GTX650ti BOOST 2gb ~ $233 (almost as close as 660 and the best value)
FSP Hexa Series 500W ~ $58
Sharkoon MS140 ~ $52
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $115

Total $880 Build at tradepac, try bargaining to meet your budget. Should be able to give you at $850.

I drop the processor to an i5-3350P to cut your cost by $20. This processor has no direct impact on gaming performance. It uses less power, the only difference it does not have an Integrated graphics in it. But this does not matter as i further recommend you to get a GTX650ti Boost.

GTX650ti boost is one of the best budget cards out there that comes out of the box with decent clocked speed. Able to OC till almost reach the gtx660 reference card.
 

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Thank you for all your advice. So is gtx610 ti boost 2gb better than the powercolor 7850 2gb that you just recommend me earlier?

Is it worth to change to msi mobo to cut down on the cost?
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Thank you for all your advice. So is gtx610 ti boost 2gb better than the powercolor 7850 2gb that you just recommend me earlier?

Is it worth to change to msi mobo to cut down on the cost?

Its the gtx650ti boost. Not gtx610ti boost.

And for ivy setup, Asrock is the cheapest out there.
 

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Hi royfrosty. I did some research and I came out with this.

Msi-b85m g43 + i5 4570
Kingston value ram 8gb
Wd blue 1tb
Palit gtx 660 2gb ddr5 + tt smart 630w $225 (I saw it on pct)
Windows 7 home 64bit $120
Casing I'm still looking for a good one.

I'm just wondering if this gpu is better than the gtx650 ti boost 2gb and if such setup is compatible.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Hi royfrosty. I did some research and I came out with this.

Msi-b85m g43 + i5 4570
Kingston value ram 8gb
Wd blue 1tb
Palit gtx 660 2gb ddr5 + tt smart 630w $225 (I saw it on pct)
Windows 7 home 64bit $120
Casing I'm still looking for a good one.

I'm just wondering if this gpu is better than the gtx650 ti boost 2gb and if such setup is compatible.

gtx650ti boost is very close to gtx660. But you must understand that the gtx650ti boost is working super hard. Basically the max performance that card can go. Buying a gtx660 will be a better option.
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
Hi royfrosty. I did some research and I came out with this.

Msi-b85m g43 + i5 4570
Kingston value ram 8gb
Wd blue 1tb
Palit gtx 660 2gb ddr5 + tt smart 630w $225 (I saw it on pct)
Windows 7 home 64bit $120
Casing I'm still looking for a good one.

I'm just wondering if this gpu is better than the gtx650 ti boost 2gb and if such setup is compatible.

Are you sure you can get this below $850?
 

nippp0n

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
2,807
Reaction score
1
I might be able to get windows 7 free from my friend so I had reconsider about my build to see if its possible to.

Assuming you can get the OS for free,

CPU & Mobo: i5-4430 & ASrock B85M Pro4 @ $334
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ ~$81
HDD: WD Blue 1TB @ ~$80
GPU: Palit GTX 660 & TT Smart 630W @ $225 (PC Themes bundle promo)
Case: Sharkoon T28 @ $87

Total: $807
Buy and build at Tradepac unless otherwise stated.
 

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Assuming you can get the OS for free,

CPU & Mobo: i5-4430 & ASrock B85M Pro4 @ $334
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ ~$81
HDD: WD Blue 1TB @ ~$80
GPU: Palit GTX 660 & TT Smart 630W @ $225 (PC Themes bundle promo)
Case: Sharkoon T28 @ $87

Total: $807
Buy and build at Tradepac unless otherwise stated.

Thanks for your input. Should I get i5 4570 instead of 4430? And I read somewhere that msi b85m g43 is better than asrock b85m pro4 because of the pci slot. Is that true? Or asrock is more reliable that you recommend me?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Thanks for your input. Should I get i5 4570 instead of 4430? And I read somewhere that msi b85m g43 is better than asrock b85m pro4 because of the pci slot. Is that true? Or asrock is more reliable that you recommend me?

2 difference between both. 1st is that asrock has PCI where MSI has PCI-e. 2nd is the amount of fan connections. MSI has 3 4pin and asrock has 3 3pin and 4pin, irrc. so it depends on how much you gonna use..
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Thanks for your input. Should I get i5 4570 instead of 4430? And I read somewhere that msi b85m g43 is better than asrock b85m pro4 because of the pci slot. Is that true? Or asrock is more reliable that you recommend me?

Like what shadow say. If you want an old PCI items to use then go ahead with the Asrock loh.
 

Honda_

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Assuming you can get the OS for free,

CPU & Mobo: i5-4430 & ASrock B85M Pro4 @ $334
Ram: Kingston 1600mhz value ram 8GB @ ~$81
HDD: WD Blue 1TB @ ~$80
GPU: Palit GTX 660 & TT Smart 630W @ $225 (PC Themes bundle promo)
Case: Sharkoon T28 @ $87

Total: $807
Buy and build at Tradepac unless otherwise stated.

I'm confused if this palit gtx 660 2gb DDr5 bundle is real. I saw the price of a palit gtx 660 2gb ddr5 is $290 while the bundle is $225. Are they the same gpu?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top