[Need advise] PC build for gaming

royalmage

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
2,132
Reaction score
0
Hi all, looking to get a new PC that will be primarily used for gaming on 1080. Setting a budget of 2k for just the PC. Games will mostly be Diablo 3 , WoW.

Here is what I have come up with,

AB350 Gaming 3 + Ryzen 1600 - $503
Edit : gtx1070 gaming X O.C - $789
Corsair LPX 8gb x 2 - $199
Samsung 850 M.2 500gb - $269
Edit : EVGA 650W gold - $179
Case - NZXT S340 elite - $189 or Corsair 270R - $125

Total about 2k

Am thinking of getting the 1070 gaming X instead to bring down the budget and also not getting any hdd, hope can get some advise and comments on my build. Thanks alot

Sent from S8+ using GAGT
 
Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
11,714
Reaction score
210
Think 1070 will be sufficient for your use case. Use the savings to get a better monitor
 

RyanCMH

Member
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
I doubt you'll be needing 1080 for the games you specified, 1070 should do the job nicely, and what MHz of RAM will you be getting?

I haven't checked your PSU details yet but make sure it's at least rated 80+ gold rated, so you know it's very efficient in power.

For case, it depends on what color scheme you're going for, though I head over to NZXT for my cases and coolers when deciding a build. Phantek's cases are great too, if NZXT cases aren't your style.

Seeing how most of your components have red/black scheme, I'd go with NZXT's H440 red/black case, you can preview their cases here and see which one you like the most: https://www.nzxt.com/categories/cases

Have you decided on a monitor yet?
 

blurfish29

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2016
Messages
122
Reaction score
7
Ryzen 1600 can get from Lazada ($339 before gift card) using wogi gift card (40 off 200) or fuzzie cash back gift card (60 off 300).

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 can get from Doraemon at $165.

GPU a 1070 will do.

PSU: 550 or 650w gold 80+. Doraemon sells superflower 650w gold 5 yr warranty at $155, EVGA G3 gold 650w 7yr warranty at $160
 

royalmage

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
2,132
Reaction score
0
Monitor also I am planning to get a better one to be my main as I will be running dual monitor setup.

Hoping to get 1440p 27" 60hz with a separate budget. Still undecided yet.

Will definitely consider a 1070 and use the difference to get a better monitor.

Edit : I will most probably buy everything from PCT and let them assemble for me just in case if there are any issues they can solve on the spot. I have let them built my previous system almost 6 years ago, I like their services.

Sent from S8+ using GAGT
 
Last edited:

RyanCMH

Member
Joined
May 22, 2017
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Perhaps consider getting a Prism monitor from Aftershock although their sizes are a tad larger than what you stated.
 

Byfrost

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
145
WoW is CPU intensive, hence you won't need a GTX1080 for it.

Go for GTX1070 if you decide to get a 1440p monitor.

Go for GTX1060 (6GB) if you decide to stick to 1080p.
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
Didn't see any Prism+ Z270 on their products leh, mind linking me?
Due to design change, there's no updated info about it. Think they take it off but the product is available for sure.

This is from March IT SHOW.
IkpCLUkl.jpg


Later I try to take some pix show you.

Edit: instead of taking photo, just remember there is this review.:


Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT
 
Last edited:

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
11,714
Reaction score
210
Nope. Stock fan is pretty good. Unless you want aesthetic. But this stock fan is a light year ahead and better than Intel's one.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

on the topic of cpu coolers, I've noticed the stock CPU cooler can be quite noisy, especially at night.

Is there any 3rd party coolers you will recommend? I'm not overclocking or anything. Just looking for something that is quieter and not too ex. thanks!!
 

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
6,939
Reaction score
3
on the topic of cpu coolers, I've noticed the stock CPU cooler can be quite noisy, especially at night.

Is there any 3rd party coolers you will recommend? I'm not overclocking or anything. Just looking for something that is quieter and not too ex. thanks!!
Compared to Intel, it's a Heaven and Earth difference. Lol. I fine it pretty quiet compared to the recently changed SP120 RGB fans I bought for my case. :s22:

Cryorig H7 $65 SRP

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top