Need for swimming goggles with degree

B19B612

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Hi, my enlistment is in July and I need to get a pair of swimming goggles. Is there really a need to get goggles with degree? (Since I can't see clearly without my spectacles - Both eyes 400+ degree). How frequently will it be used? Will normal goggles without degree suffice?
 
Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,303
Reaction score
5,873
Hi, my enlistment is in July and I need to get a pair of swimming goggles. Is there really a need to get goggles with degree? (Since I can't see clearly without my spectacles - Both eyes 400+ degree). Will normal goggles without degree suffice?
Isn't this a very personal thing? Would you rather not be able to see clearly without or would you rather be able to see clear???

It's like asking people whether you should wear glasses or not
 

B19B612

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Isn't this a very personal thing? Would you rather not be able to see clearly without or would you rather be able to see clear???

It's like asking people whether you should wear glasses or not

I'm asking this because idk how frequent I'll be using the swimming goggles during the whole NS journey. If it'll be used very frequently then I'll get the one with degree.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,303
Reaction score
5,873
I'm asking this because idk how frequent I'll be using the swimming goggles during the whole NS journey. If it'll be used very frequently then I'll get the one with degree.
That's not what you are asking in your original post.
 

Chalkycliffs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2013
Messages
10,850
Reaction score
4,727
Hi, my enlistment is in July and I need to get a pair of swimming goggles. Is there really a need to get goggles with degree? (Since I can't see clearly without my spectacles - Both eyes 400+ degree). Will normal goggles without degree suffice?


Unless you swim very often, using swimming googles with degree lenses isn't really neccessary.


As long as you can vaguely make out your surroundings while swimming, that should suffice.
 

B19B612

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2018
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Unless you swim very often, using swimming googles with degree lenses isn't really neccessary.


As long as you can vaguely make out your surroundings while swimming, that should suffice.

Ahhh alright, hopefully I won't be swimming that much in NS hahahaha. Thank you!
 

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
22,096
Reaction score
11,607
Depends on which type of intake you will be placed in, most likely you'll only have a handful (or less) of sessions in the pool.
 

Darrylnggggg

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2019
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Hi, my enlistment is in July and I need to get a pair of swimming goggles. Is there really a need to get goggles with degree? (Since I can't see clearly without my spectacles - Both eyes 400+ degree). How frequently will it be used? Will normal goggles without degree suffice?

One week 2-3 times nia probs. Tbh don't actually need the googles w degrees.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top