Need help building a gaming pc

HougangInterchange

Reaction score
So basically I want to build a gaming pc and i have a spec in mind and im not sure how much it cost total. if i were to buy it in sim lim square aslo abit scare as i heard depending on which store they can "Con" you. but i have a budget of 4.5K here the spec that i want

CPU - RYZEN 7 5800x
GPU RX 6800XT
MOBO : B550 Tomahawk or b570 tomahawk
AIO Phanteks Glacier 360M
Case Phanteks P500a RBG
Ram G.skill Trident Neo 32Gb
SSD : Samsung NVME M.2 2TB
HDD : 2TB Seagate
Power Supply : Seasonic 850W Gold

Not sure how much is this tho :ROFLMAO: but let me know any other shops or any sim lim square shop you recommend.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

tsteo77

Reaction score
AMD 5800x3D ? Yongkit, you sure are up to date, but this cpu won't be easy to get and zen 4 will be out
after this. :)

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think chances for cpu is not as difficult as gpu in current market sentiment :)

HougangInterchange

Reaction score
Any good aio to recommend ? I like abit of design on the aio that can also overclock without overheating . I know the Arctic cooler is the best one but I also want abit of rbg and cool design

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EK 360 AIO Elite or Bequiet Silent Loop 2 (280/360) both decent argb but good block (nickel plated) both are performer. best part is the strong and silent pumps. If the argb too little then try below.

Gamer must have. or die die must have.
"Asus ROG Ryujin II 360 or MEG Coreliquid S360, both very nice blink plus LCD."

Last edited:

caesium2108

Reaction score
So basically I want to build a gaming pc and i have a spec in mind and im not sure how much it cost total. if i were to buy it in sim lim square aslo abit scare as i heard depending on which store they can "Con" you. but i have a budget of 4.5K here the spec that i want

CPU - RYZEN 7 5800x
GPU RX 6800XT
MOBO : B550 Tomahawk or b570 tomahawk
AIO Phanteks Glacier 360M
Case Phanteks P500a RBG
Ram G.skill Trident Neo 32Gb
SSD : Samsung NVME M.2 2TB
HDD : 2TB Seagate
Power Supply : Seasonic 850W Gold

Not sure how much is this tho :ROFLMAO: but let me know any other shops or any sim lim square shop you recommend.
i would think that ur budget will be able to get what u want!

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about NZXT Z73?
oh ya "NZXT Z73" I forget to mentioned this.. also the "CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid"

those AIO with the " " I personally do not fancy them as these are the reason

1) it's generating heat near processor area, though not alot but still heat
2) Most are Asetek pump, at first quiet but after 5 or 6 months usage, pump gets noisy and you got to tune the pump rpm (pump get spoil this way)
3) most are using 27mm thick radiators
4) Fans have high rated ampere which are above 0.25a

so ya.. as long you are happy with how it looks.. all these argb aio mentioned, they perform about the same even with price difference.

Jacqueline.

Reaction score
Hi all
sorry to hijack the thread. Would like to build a mini-itx gaming rig with RBG as well
games played : dota/pubg/ left 4 dead etc. are these parts all good? budget <1.6-1.8K

Motherboard: ASROCK B450M PRO4 R2.0
CPU: Ryzen R5 5600G
RAM: Corsair – Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) (white)
GPU: OTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 OC GDDR6
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i Elite CAPELLIX RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (white)
CPU Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Air Mini Casing (white)
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS NVME M.2 SSD 500GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
PSU: PSU: FSP HV Pro 550W 80+ Bronze

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to build a mini-itx gaming rig
PSU: FSP HV Pro 550W 80+ Bronze
nothing about this is remotely mini itx :s13: this is just a regular mid tower build, just cos the case says mini in the name doesnt mean its really mini itx; the case is actually pretty huge compared to proper itx cases.

for a cost of 1.6-1.8, this is pretty terrible value. ur probably better off getting an intel cpu like the 12400 + mobo combo for roughly the same price, or an 11400 + mobo combo for quite a bit less while still offering far better cpu limited performance. u can also get the f models for those cpus to save even more, since u already plan for a dedicated gpu. if willing to go used, u can get a 970/1060 3gb for about half the price of a new 1650, plus it will perform better and may have rgb too depending on the model u get. do also consider getting a better psu for peace of mind, hv pro is not great not terrible territory.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all
sorry to hijack the thread. Would like to build a mini-itx gaming rig with RBG as well
games played : dota/pubg/ left 4 dead etc. are these parts all good? budget <1.6-1.8K

CPU: Ryzen R5 5600G
RAM: Corsair – Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8GB) (white)
GPU: OTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 OC GDDR6
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i Elite CAPELLIX RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (white)
SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS NVME M.2 SSD 500GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
PSU: PSU: FSP HV Pro 550W 80+ Bronze
Hmm. what's your current rig? or you do not have one? if your current rig is still able to play those games, I would rather you save that sum and continue to save till 4k, then whack AMD Zen 4 > or Intel Gen 13th >.
at least by that time DDR5 should be stable and most errors are tested. no point get EOL Zen 3 5000 series architecture boards.

If you still insist to build, get something that can perform like what NightRaven49 have said. at least the architecture allows you for further upgrades with the 1700 socket. Also do not cheap on PSU.
One last suggestion AIO, you can consider cheaper option from EK AIO or Arctic LF2 argb instead of the AIO you've choosen. as EK and Arctic performs with argb too. Spend the extra on main components that help you with your gaming experience. Just my opinion, I rather enjoy my pc to perform more then just a Christmas tree.

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, if you can wait this year, wait for both AMD 7000 series and Intel Raptor lake to release. 7000 series is around 2nd half of this yr and Raptor lake is end of the yr.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.