Need help choosing wifi thing for new pc

chuabenson

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
I'm getting my new self built pc soon and I forget to include wifi. Any wifi card or what you call it to intro to my pc?
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,443
Reaction score
2,344
I'm getting my new self built pc soon and I forget to include wifi. Any wifi card or what you call it to intro to my pc?

TPlink T4UH - AC1200 USB Wifi - Qoo selling 45 not include vouchers yet.

Other abit pricey
 

ken_lzj

Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
i bought 25m cat 6 LAN cable to connect to the router..find lan is always cheaper and faster and more stable..dun have a wifi card for my new rig..just another option for u to consider
 

MiFan4149

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
What is home plug
As with regards to what is home plug can read here
http://www.techradar.com/news/networking/powerline-networking-what-you-need-to-know-930691

Can consider from here
http://www.sineoji.com/products/homeplug
 

ssxdots

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2010
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
I'm getting my new self built pc soon and I forget to include wifi. Any wifi card or what you call it to intro to my pc?

1. What speed is your connection?
2. Is your router AC or N? or G?
3. What do you want to use it for?

If you just play games, stream movie and occasionally download stuff, a cheap USB adapter is enough. (e.g. Asus USB-N14 or cheaper)

You can get 2ms ping with a cheap Wireless-N adapter, and decent DL speed of ~80Mbps.

I'll usually find those with an extension wire + base such as the model above so that I can move the adapter in case it was in a dead zone.


If you want to drop the inconvenience of wires and using up a USB port, get any PCI-E version, but make sure the back of your PC is not against the wall or in a corner to avoid dead zones. Since PCI-E can draw more power than USB, performance is usually not bad.


If you have constant large downloads, best is to use LAN line. If not, get something like Asus PCE-AC88, which has both the power gain of PCI-E and mobility and a lot more antennas.
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
TPlink T4UH - AC1200 USB Wifi - Qoo selling 45 not include vouchers yet.

Other abit pricey


I've had a lot of bad experience with tp link products, I would rather fork out a little more and get reliable products like asus
 

uniquely_ad

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2011
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
11
i bought 25m cat 6 LAN cable to connect to the router..find lan is always cheaper and faster and more stable..dun have a wifi card for my new rig..just another option for u to consider


I agree with you, but if your router it's at the living room and you wanna connect a Lan to your room then you'll be required to do trunking and stuff. But it is still cheaper

Last time I asked some guy to do trunking with a cat 6 cable only costed me like $70 it was at least more than 10m cable + he did some drilling
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top