Need help for a low budget gaming pc

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Hi, Need help/advice for a new PC which I want to build. I need a new PC for normal use and gaming. Really low on budget as my PC died and in need of a new one. Planning to build a Intel Core i3-2100 PC. I know it's old but still can run games such as Crysis 3 on not so high settings. Budget $200 or lower discluding HDD and GFX. I don't mind buying 2nd hand parts but if retail price is cheap then I don't mind buying from Sim Lim, Please quote me some specs. Would build a better PC one after my 'N' Levels.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,207
Reaction score
2,567
what do u wan to play in the first place?

so 200 means mb + cpu + ram?
 

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Games such FIFA 13,Crysis 3,BF3 and other latest on the market but not on ultra high settings.
 

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
To:m3 th3 last , Nah mate. It's kinda old already and lousy. Want to build a new and cheap one.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,207
Reaction score
2,567
what gfx do u have?

just get the 2nd hand one..
then use back ur case ... whats ur old psu?
coz this also inc a win 7 ..... good deal for ur 200..
 
Last edited:

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,792
Reaction score
7
if u have an existing gfx card, just get the cheapest Pentium G2010 combo...around $105 for cpu + mobo. add $38 for RAM and use the rest to get a casing with psu.

given your budget, i will just buy 2nd hand from the seller. Win 7 OEM alone is worth around $100
 

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
I have a 9400GT , Want to make a i3-2100 rig. I heard ASRock has cheap and good mobos but which one would be the cheapest and good for gaming? I can get case and PSU from HWZ or VrZone for about less then $50.
 

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
To:rAcer thanks mate but my focus is to make a i3 build. Best if less then $150 because I can get casing and PSU for kinda cheap from HWZ or Vrzone bros.
 

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,792
Reaction score
7
why not buy the 2nd hand bundle mentioned above and sell away the win 7 oem license? or negotiate with the seller to buy only the hardware but not the license.
 

melovelinux

Banned
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
512
Reaction score
0
To:rAcer thanks mate but my focus is to make a i3 build. Best if less then $150 because I can get casing and PSU for kinda cheap from HWZ or Vrzone bros.

eh bro. your 200$ budget too low .

cannot get de.

u need min 500 -600$

suggest you ask ur dad/mom buy for u if u do well for exam


really la budget so low can buy monitor or caseonly -.-
 

mypettycash

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
how are you going to build a really really really really low on budget i3 pc with only $200? A new mobo and cpu already cost you more than $200. Maybe you can "persuade" that person to sell you even cheaper but it's going to be a few dollars lower only. Can't really buy other parts. The only way you can "build" a i3 pc with that budget is buying 2nd hand pc from others.
 

GhostWhere29

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
6
Hi, Need help/advice for a new PC which I want to build. I need a new PC for normal use and gaming. Really low on budget as my PC died and in need of a new one. Planning to build a Intel Core i3-2100 PC. I know it's old but still can run games such as Crysis 3 on not so high settings. Budget $200 or lower discluding HDD and GFX. I don't mind buying 2nd hand parts but if retail price is cheap then I don't mind buying from Sim Lim, Please quote me some specs. Would build a better PC one after my 'N' Levels.

bro i know my english not very good , i dont think there a word discluding . i think its excluding :p
 

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
24,921
Reaction score
10
Hi, Need help/advice for a new PC which I want to build. I need a new PC for normal use and gaming. Really low on budget as my PC died and in need of a new one. Planning to build a Intel Core i3-2100 PC. I know it's old but still can run games such as Crysis 3 on not so high settings. Budget $200 or lower discluding HDD and GFX. I don't mind buying 2nd hand parts but if retail price is cheap then I don't mind buying from Sim Lim, Please quote me some specs. Would build a better PC one after my 'N' Levels.



200 is next to impossible with your budget even if you get everything second hand.

raise your budget to about 500, reusing hdds, gfx, should be able to get an i3 rig with no problem.

I think I built my i5 at about 5 or 600 in march.
 

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
20,207
Reaction score
2,567
200 is next to impossible with your budget even if you get everything second hand.

raise your budget to about 500, reusing hdds, gfx, should be able to get an i3 rig with no problem.

I think I built my i5 at about 5 or 600 in march.

please share... i am rebuilding my pc too...
 

AbangJai

Banned
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
What if I want to make a Pentium G rig? Anyway LGA 1155 or 1156 is more upgradeable and better? Because I want a spare rig which can be upgradeable as I only use for gaming and normal use.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top