PC specs:
ASRock Z68M / USB 3
Intel Core I5 2400 3.10GHZ
Kingston DDR3 1333MHz 4GB x2
Hitachi 1TB 7200Rpm SATAII HDD
Samsung 22x DVD-RW D/L
--- HIS HD 6790 1GB DDR5 PCI-E card
Aerocool 500w Power Supply
2069 Cooling Casing with 4 fans
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
My HIS HD 6790 fan is faulty so I decided to replace/upgrade a new graphic card. Since pc is nearly 3 years, I am not claiming for a warranty as I am in urgent need for a replacement for my studies in design.
My budget is around 400 Sgd for a decent gaming graphics card. The store I purchase from in Sim Lim is closed down so I consulted a few other stores.
I quite like Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2gb for that price and the salesperson said as long as my casing can fit its 29.5cm, it would be compatible. I measured the space in my casing as tight fit at 30 cm. Sadly, I have no way of bringing my pc to the store to test it.
Please recommend me a similar graphics card (nvidia cause I would like to try it out) with a little of explanation to help me decide. Sorry for the long text. Thanks.
ASRock Z68M / USB 3
Intel Core I5 2400 3.10GHZ
Kingston DDR3 1333MHz 4GB x2
Hitachi 1TB 7200Rpm SATAII HDD
Samsung 22x DVD-RW D/L
--- HIS HD 6790 1GB DDR5 PCI-E card
Aerocool 500w Power Supply
2069 Cooling Casing with 4 fans
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
My HIS HD 6790 fan is faulty so I decided to replace/upgrade a new graphic card. Since pc is nearly 3 years, I am not claiming for a warranty as I am in urgent need for a replacement for my studies in design.
My budget is around 400 Sgd for a decent gaming graphics card. The store I purchase from in Sim Lim is closed down so I consulted a few other stores.
I quite like Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2gb for that price and the salesperson said as long as my casing can fit its 29.5cm, it would be compatible. I measured the space in my casing as tight fit at 30 cm. Sadly, I have no way of bringing my pc to the store to test it.
Please recommend me a similar graphics card (nvidia cause I would like to try it out) with a little of explanation to help me decide. Sorry for the long text. Thanks.
