Need help for a PC with $1400 budget

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Can the experts here recommend me a PC with a budget of 1400 or less without monitor?
I am a total newbie, and I have read that Tradepac is the best? But then I would have to assemble them myself?


My requirements are here:
1) This is NOT a gaming pc, but the most important thing is I need the GC to be able to handle 3 desktops, as I will be connecting to 3 monitors. So the GC must be able to handle that efficiently. I do not need beautiful and awesome pictures, the most basic can do but must handle 3 monitors as I am doing futures trading fulltime. Also, looks like AMD is relatively cheaper and better performance than the commercialised Intel? Or Asus?

2) Can someone recommend me the CHEAPEST brand of LCD? I need to get 2 27 inch or above.

3) I have no idea many of the terms that are being used when someone recommends a PC lol. But I think RAM is the most important for me, as trading platforms use a lot of RAM for the data coming in. Do I need to have a powerful fan if I plan to leave my desktop running 24/5?

4) I see the recommendation is the get the parts from Tradepac and go to another shop, pay some fee to assemble? But thing is how do I know ALL the parts???! I'll probably get lost with all e parts or they might try to cheat me seeing me so noob and I forgot to take something etc.. Do u guys have any recommendations for shops that offer safe and reliable assembly?


So basically my main aim is to maximise my $1400, with GC ability to handle 3 monitors, and with a system that can run 24/5 efficiently without any problems!!


All input is welcome! Thank you so much, you guys have great knowledge. Is there any like group outing where ppl go and shop for PCs? haha
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,731
Reaction score
1,554
3 monitors setup

You can use the AMD APU to get 3 screen setup without the need of the GPU.

The thing is what do you need in your 3 screens? And what do you intend to do? Since it is not gaming. Trading?
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
yes it is not for gaming, so I don't need so beautiful pictures, but I have asked and read that to have multiple monitors for 3 desktops, it also requires more graphic card power. Is this true? Remember I am having 3 desktops, NOT 3 screens joined into 1. Not like those car games where u can connect 3 screens into 1 visual.

I will have software running 24/5 collecting and receiving data, and simply lots of charts for my 3 screens. thats all. I'm not playing diablo or ff or dota or gta etc..
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
1 monitor per pc x3 sets? And budget of $1400 is for 1 pc each or 3 pcs total?
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
nono..

$1400 budget just for the rig WITHOUT any monitors.

what i mean is I need a system or graphics card that can efficiently support 3 monitors, because I will be effectively connecting the rig to 3 monitors, creating 3 desktops.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
nono..

$1400 budget just for the rig WITHOUT any monitors.

what i mean is I need a system or graphics card that can efficiently support 3 monitors, because I will be effectively connecting the rig to 3 monitors, creating 3 desktops.

Lol, your terminology a bit wrong le... What you are aiming for is 3-monitor setup. 1 rig -> 3 monitors, which is what roy suggested. When you said 3 desktops, it means 3 seperate rigs, 3 seperate cpus.

1 PC can only display 1 thing at a time, even if u are running multiple monitors. Unless you are refering to 1 screen for excel sheet, 1 screen for internet and last screen for trading. Then that is possible as well.
 

xkiller213

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2012
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
haha i think his idea of "Desktop" is just the windows desktop, where each desktop can have its own windows, icons, etc... all running on the same PC...
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
haha i think his idea of "Desktop" is just the windows desktop, where each desktop can have its own windows, icons, etc... all running on the same PC...

YES!!!

sorry I'm noob with the terminology.

the 1400 budget is without any monitors. why i keep emphasizing 3 monitors is because I need the graphics card to handle my 3 screens. any more experts can answer my questions on e first post?

thanks for the replies I guess I was not very clear.
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
Can the experts here recommend me a PC with a budget of 1400 or less without monitor?
I am a total newbie, and I have read that Tradepac is the best? But then I would have to assemble them myself?


My requirements are here:
1) This is NOT a gaming pc, but the most important thing is I need the GC to be able to handle 3 desktops, as I will be connecting to 3 monitors. So the GC must be able to handle that efficiently. I do not need beautiful and awesome pictures, the most basic can do but must handle 3 monitors as I am doing futures trading fulltime. Also, looks like AMD is relatively cheaper and better performance than the commercialised Intel? Or Asus?

2) Can someone recommend me the CHEAPEST brand of LCD? I need to get 2 27 inch or above.

3) I have no idea many of the terms that are being used when someone recommends a PC lol. But I think RAM is the most important for me, as trading platforms use a lot of RAM for the data coming in. Do I need to have a powerful fan if I plan to leave my desktop running 24/5?

4) I see the recommendation is the get the parts from Tradepac and go to another shop, pay some fee to assemble? But thing is how do I know ALL the parts???! I'll probably get lost with all e parts or they might try to cheat me seeing me so noob and I forgot to take something etc.. Do u guys have any recommendations for shops that offer safe and reliable assembly?


So basically my main aim is to maximise my $1400, with GC ability to handle 3 monitors, and with a system that can run 24/5 efficiently without any problems!!


All input is welcome! Thank you so much, you guys have great knowledge. Is there any like group outing where ppl go and shop for PCs? haha

CPU+MB: Intel Core i5-4440 + ASRock B85M Pro4 @ $328
Ability to upgrade to 32GB RAM with the 4 RAM slots.
With Intel Gigabit LAN for best possible internet connectivity.

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1600 CL11 8GB X2 @ $184
GPU: Leadtek GT 640 2GB [DDR3] @ $110
Supports up to 4 4K monitors with energy-efficient Nvidia Kepler chip.
SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB @ $124
Very essential for mission critical application with high reliability.
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB @ $75
ODD: Samsung 24X CD/DVD Writer [OEM] @ $21
PSU: Seasonic G-360 [80 Plus Gold] @ $86
Best in class consumer range PSU under 400W. Saves energy on 24/7 operation.
CASE: Cooler Master N200 @ $59
Small, professional-looking chassis with great cooling features ideal for work environment.
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit [OEM] @ $115

Total: $1102

Optional:
DSP: QNIX Evolution II QX2710 27" LED [PLS] X2 @ $658 (qoo10)
Cheapest 27" 1440p monitor available locally to date. Great reliability.
No local warranty though.


Quotation references from SLS stores. Buy from renowned 3rd-party system builders such as Fortran.
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
thank you Moneyface for your reply!

Can I ask which shop did u get these prices from? And are all these components enough to build a PC? I do not need anything else for it to be working right?

Another thing is u said SSD is very essential for mission critical apps, could u elaborate on that? SSD from my limited knowledge means solid state drive? Is it like a backup? meaning I should store my trading programs on the SSD instead of the HDD?


thanks again u are so knowledgeable!
P.S. $658 is for 2 27 inches LCD right?
 
Last edited:

LuNaOcEaN

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
0
I recently had this:
i5 4440 gigabyte h87n wifi. g.skill 8gb ddr3 1600 cl11. gigabyte r9 270 2gb windforce. plextor m6s 128gb ssd. wd 2 tb blue. lg blu ray combo drive cum writer. Seasonic m12 ii 520w.corsair 250d case.

Abt 1.4k
 

LuNaOcEaN

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
0
Ssd runs much faster than your normal hdd drive. From my config above, the os is installed in the ssd so that windows boots up faster. And if u install any software in the ssd, it runs faster as well.
 

LuNaOcEaN

Senior Member
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
1,612
Reaction score
0
Not to confuse u, i am using this pc for gaming and movies etc. More to entertainment. But those specs can handle most of the task u throw at it hehe....
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
thanks for your reply Luna Ocean!

So if i install my crucial software into the SSD, and what happens if in future there are virus or spyware or bugs in the system? Does not matter that my antivirus is in the HDD right?


It looks like the setup given from Moneyface is much cheaper? only 1.1k? So if I plan to use his setup, but I have 200 bucks more to spare,what should be the upgrade that is most worthwhile to take?

4440/4570/4870 do these diff I5 setups really make a difference?

Anybody know who is thie Fortran guy and how can I contact him? How does he charge if he helps me to assemble my rig?

:s12:
 

xtrader38

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I recently had this:
i5 4440 gigabyte h87n wifi. g.skill 8gb ddr3 1600 cl11. gigabyte r9 270 2gb windforce. plextor m6s 128gb ssd. wd 2 tb blue. lg blu ray combo drive cum writer. Seasonic m12 ii 520w.corsair 250d case.

Abt 1.4k


your graphics card is much better than the setup moneyface propose right? which makes it more expensive? Because I see that the CPU+MB, SSD, RAM, mostly is the same?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top