Need help from Insurance Agents and Ex Agents

Zipper95

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone,

I'm a fresh grad from Uni this year, and you know how its like in the job market now. Desperate, I resorted to joining the insurance industry. Not saying its bad or not lucrative, its just that its not for me.

Ok the main point is that. I took 2 months of their "basic salary". However is says that if i leave i have to pay it back. I mean its fair considering the turn over rate of the industry. But the issue is what if I do not have the whole sum to pay it back for now? Will I be sued or something? I mean I'm ok to pay it back via installment etc but just can't settle it one shot.

Anyone with similar or seen similar experience mind sharing?

Thank you
 

Zipper95

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
how do they lock u in for 2 years? they charge those course fees and exam fees?

Based on the contract. If i leave within 1 year i must pay back 100% of the salary. If 2nd year is payback 50%. Thats why i mentioned im ok to pay back but not as a lump sum straight.
 

iamveryguailan

Master Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2013
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
0
Is there a min sales quota to meet? If not just stay on and collect 2k without selling anything also can?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
There’s no free lunch. If you think you can just sit at home and enjoy 2k every mth for 2 years without any penalty, you’ll be in for a rude shock.
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,396
Reaction score
381
There’s no free lunch. If you think you can just sit at home and enjoy 2k every mth for 2 years without any penalty, you’ll be in for a rude shock.

what if one gets fired ? still need to pay back the "bond"?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
I doubt they’ll do it. Not too sure about such contracts that promise a min salary. Just know that there’s no free lunch in the world.

what if one gets fired ? still need to pay back the "bond"?
 

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,525
Reaction score
5,650
Hey everyone,

I'm a fresh grad from Uni this year, and you know how its like in the job market now. Desperate, I resorted to joining the insurance industry. Not saying its bad or not lucrative, its just that its not for me.

Ok the main point is that. I took 2 months of their "basic salary". However is says that if i leave i have to pay it back. I mean its fair considering the turn over rate of the industry. But the issue is what if I do not have the whole sum to pay it back for now? Will I be sued or something? I mean I'm ok to pay it back via installment etc but just can't settle it one shot.

Anyone with similar or seen similar experience mind sharing?

Thank you

u should ask the person who introduced u into this industry and promised this "salary", he should probably know better.
 

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
9,601
Reaction score
838
Do you even read and attempt to ask question regarding the contract before signing?
 

Zipper95

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
There’s no free lunch. If you think you can just sit at home and enjoy 2k every mth for 2 years without any penalty, you’ll be in for a rude shock.

Yea i know that. only the 1st 2 months is free for attending trainings and courses. Subsequently must hit sales to get the 2k
 

Zipper95

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Do you even read and attempt to ask question regarding the contract before signing?

i did. so i know ultimately i have to pay back if I quit. 4k is not alot but at the same time i do not have the full amount. so im asking around if installment is possible
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top