Need help in fish tank waters parameters !!!

Ceclllatay

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Can anyone help ? I have been googling about the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates in water . And i cant seem to find a definite answer that I want . I am scared to do what I have read about, ending up killing my fishes . I have been cleaning up the fishes left overfood in the tank everyday after they have finished . I own 2 gsp puffers :)) and they are in 7.4 PH lvl . They are eating well but im just concerned if my tank is cycling well and worried about the ammonia and nitrites ...

My tank has 40ppm ammonia, 40ppm nitrites and 20ppm nitrates . Is the tank cycled ? Do i do water changes everyday to lower the ammonia and nitrites while maintaining the nitrates ?

Please help ! I want my puffers to live a long life ! :((
 

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2001
Messages
12,650
Reaction score
3,059
Can anyone help ? I have been googling about the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates in water . And i cant seem to find a definite answer that I want . I am scared to do what I have read about, ending up killing my fishes . I have been cleaning up the fishes left overfood in the tank everyday after they have finished . I own 2 gsp puffers :)) and they are in 7.4 PH lvl . They are eating well but im just concerned if my tank is cycling well and worried about the ammonia and nitrites ...

My tank has 40ppm ammonia, 40ppm nitrites and 20ppm nitrates . Is the tank cycled ? Do i do water changes everyday to lower the ammonia and nitrites while maintaining the nitrates ?

Please help ! I want my puffers to live a long life ! :((

U keeping marine fish?
Normally for fish, their water requirements are not very stringent.
Marine water hardness is preferably at around 8.3.
How long is your tank set up?
Do u have live rocks?
If your puffers are doing fine, then just observe them.
Reduce the amount of feeding and quantity.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top