Need help in recommendation for lightweight laptop

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi I am looking for a laptop as per below requirement.
As I am unsure of the specification required for gaming hope you guys bear with me.


- super lightweight (below 2kg : best 1.6~1.9 ) - for petite women
- size : best 14 inch as the bigger the heavier
- graphic card able to most of the play games smoothly with mid/high setting (here are some example of games : left for dead 2 , Diablo 3 , Dota 2 , bio-shock )
- budget : below 2k if possible

if not possible please let me know which laptop with good feedback and meet above requirement.

Really hope you guys could help as I am really newbie with computers.

Thanks in advances !:)
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Hi I am looking for a laptop as per below requirement.
As I am unsure of the specification required for gaming hope you guys bear with me.


- super lightweight (below 2kg : best 1.6~1.9 ) - for petite women
- size : best 14 inch as the bigger the heavier
- graphic card able to most of the play games smoothly with mid/high setting (here are some example of games : left for dead 2 , Diablo 3 , Dota 2 , bio-shock )
- budget : below 2k if possible

if not possible please let me know which laptop with good feedback and meet above requirement.

Really hope you guys could help as I am really newbie with computers.

Thanks in advances !:)

MSI GE40 from pcdreams. Im not too sure about the current price but im sure it fits into your description perfectly.

EDIT: information in the first post. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/g...arkbay-gaming-laptops-exposed-4237378-15.html
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the swift reply .

I have research on this laptop it fit perfectly as my requirement but sadly this laptops con is get overheated easily .... The sgd price for this laptop on 2013 sitex is $2098
But still it quite heavy but with a excellent performance.

I actually using this laptop for gaming / work / school sorry didn't state in my first post.
Is there any more recommendation ? Maybe from other brands?
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Thanks for the swift reply .

I have research on this laptop it fit perfectly as my requirement but sadly this laptops con is get overheated easily .... The sgd price for this laptop on 2013 sitex is $2098
But still it quite heavy but with a excellent performance.

I actually using this laptop for gaming / work / school sorry didn't state in my first post.
Is there any more recommendation ? Maybe from other brands?

The link i gave shows the price is 1599 from pcdreams. There isnt many laptops that fit that description since the razer blade is overpriced and asus/lenovo systems are over 2kg. I myself use a y410p which is cheap and good if u get it from msia but the drawback is the weight.
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
The link i gave shows the price is 1599 from pcdreams. There isnt many laptops that fit that description since the razer blade is overpriced and asus/lenovo systems are over 2kg. I myself use a y410p which is cheap and good if u get it from msia but the drawback is the weight.

Ohh that true because I been searching quite a while couldn't find any other then Msia brand fit my requirement , anyway which model series are you referring to as I found out ge40 have quite a few series.

Which part of Msia did you purchase from for your y410p? Does it come with international warranty ? Or only warranty at Msia?

I have though of buying from Msia but do not have trustable shop and worried for the warranty.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Ohh that true because I been searching quite a while couldn't find any other then Msia brand fit my requirement , anyway which model series are you referring to as I found out ge40 have quite a few series.

Which part of Msia did you purchase from for your y410p? Does it come with international warranty ? Or only warranty at Msia?

I have though of buying from Msia but do not have trustable shop and worried for the warranty.

Just find lenovo retailler at city square. Its 2 year international warranty. More info you can get from www.lenovo.com/my on laptops y series and the top right "where to buy". Just click on the link from my other comment and look for the ge40 which is $1599. Only got one. Also, the y410p would be too heavy for your liking. I would advise you against it.

Also you might want to ask them about the screen of that laptop. They say HD+ and 1920x1080 which is weird since HD+ is 1600x900
 
Last edited:

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hmmm the link given has two different model one is GE40-20C and one is GE40-20L.
The difference is only the screen ? I guess....
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I like the msi more but you can choose the afteshock if u dun mind a smaller screen but doesnt overheat.

is overheat not quite a big issue if I have a cooler fan or in air con environment ?

Do you know if the MSI GE40 battery is external or internal ? as in able to take out or built into the laptop?
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
is overheat not quite a big issue if I have a cooler fan or in air con environment ?

Do you know if the MSI GE40 battery is external or internal ? as in able to take out or built into the laptop?

Its removable. A cooling fan would definitely reduce the temperature of your computer, so will air con. By how much, depends on your selection of cooling fan and the temperature of your air con. Idk much about fans so i cant help u here.
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Its removable. A cooling fan would definitely reduce the temperature of your computer, so will air con. By how much, depends on your selection of cooling fan and the temperature of your air con. Idk much about fans so i cant help u here.

Oh thanks for the help ! anyway can I ask u regarding your Lenovo Y410P?
what are the pros and cons for Lenovo Y410P I heard there are some issue with the wireless connection & mouse pad ?
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Oh thanks for the help ! anyway can I ask u regarding your Lenovo Y410P?
what are the pros and cons for Lenovo Y410P I heard there are some issue with the wireless connection & mouse pad ?

drivers issues. just update them and it should be fine. Cons i would say its the 2nd graphics card ultrabay that is probably never gonna get released, the weight and the build quality is not that good. But what can u expect from a 3.2krm com.
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
drivers issues. just update them and it should be fine. Cons i would say its the 2nd graphics card ultrabay that is probably never gonna get released, the weight and the build quality is not that good. But what can u expect from a 3.2krm com.

hmmm how long have you been using? how would u rate the Lenovo Y410P base of the value of 3.2k RM? I intending to buy this also as I looking 2 laptops... So hope you could provide me more review / information before my purchase.
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
hmmm how long have you been using? how would u rate the Lenovo Y410P base of the value of 3.2k RM? I intending to buy this also as I looking 2 laptops... So hope you could provide me more review / information before my purchase.

i just get few days only. Cant provide you with the information u need. 3.2k rm about 1.2k sgd or so. very cheap. you cannot get comparable performance at the price range at all.
 

kerinloke

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
drivers issues. just update them and it should be fine. Cons i would say its the 2nd graphics card ultrabay that is probably never gonna get released, the weight and the build quality is not that good. But what can u expect from a 3.2krm com.

i just get few days only. Cant provide you with the information u need. 3.2k rm about 1.2k sgd or so. very cheap. you cannot get comparable performance at the price range at all.

Hi does Y410P laptop available for add on SSD?
 

liew90

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
0
Reaction score
0
Ohh that true because I been searching quite a while couldn't find any other then Msia brand fit my requirement , anyway which model series are you referring to as I found out ge40 have quite a few series.

Which part of Msia did you purchase from for your y410p? Does it come with international warranty ? Or only warranty at Msia?

I have though of buying from Msia but do not have trustable shop and worried for the warranty.

As I know, MSI notebook comes with first year international warranty and second year local warranty. Correct me if i'm wrong.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top