Need help with building a CPU with $1000

OneAngryDog

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello and Good day,

First time on the forums, I hope someone can help. I'm getting a new CPU and I am clueless with all the advancements. I'll like a "DIY" version that the shop can assemble instead of a branded or package version.
I'll be using the new CPU with my Samsung LCD 42 inch wide screen monitor which I believe can go up to 1920 x 1080 max resolution. (it's presently max at 1360 x 768)
I'll be running SketchUp (CAD software), Photoshop and similar, Windows Movie Maker, other from that I'll be doing heavy internet surfing and streaming movies.
I read that I'll instead of a 2D, I'll need a 3D Graphics card and lots of RAM to run the CAD software. Oh ya, I don't do any gaming.

Do I need to buy Windows 7 software separate or do they offer it together?
Do I really need an anti virus software?

My budget is $1000. Please recommend the components types, prices and a good shop I can buy from.

Minimum Requirements:
Motherboard?
Intel 4 Gen, 3.60 GHz processor.
1.0TB HD.
8 GB Ram.
3D class graphics card with 2 GB of memory. Driver that supports OpenGL version 2.0.
64-bit versions of Windows.
DVD Writer.
Sound system ? (something basic)
Casing ? (Since I work at home and my PC is on for may hours do I need any particular Fans or Power Supply? )

Thanks in advance!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,732
Reaction score
1,554
$1000

ASRock h81m HDS + i5-4460 ~ $297
Crucial 8gb 1600mhz Value Ram ~ $78
WD Blue 1tb ~ $70
LiteON S900 128gb ~ $89
Powercolor r7 240 2gb ~ $130
FSP 300w OEM PSU ~ $39
Coolermaster Elite 361 ~ $56
LG DVD Drive ~ $21
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $115

Total ~ $895. Buy at tradepac. DIY
 

Jian19

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
100,798
Reaction score
27,542
i5-4460 + Asrock h81m hds ~ $337
Crucial 8gb ddr3 ~ $94
Plextor m6s 128gb ssd ~ $99
Wd blue 1tb ~ $75
Powercolor 250 2gb ~ $128
Samsung oem drive ~ $24
Fsp hexa 450w ~ $58
Deepcool smarter ~ $49
Win7 64 oem ~ $130

$994 buy and assemble @ pctheme ask for discount.
 

OneAngryDog

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I suggest saving up a little more.
U can get more performance around the 1200 range and is more worth while than ur current budget.

Can you recommend the parts in the $1200? I guess the emphasis would be on a better graphics card right?
 

OneAngryDog

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Your emphasis seems to be the gpu, maybe you already got one in your mind?

I've been out of touch on PC advancements for a few years, so I just did a quick search on GPU - graphics processing unit ? Yes, I guess since my PC is for Work - photoediting, Autocad,etc and Not gaming, then yes what I need is towards GPU. If I understood it's purpose correctly.

Nope, I have no clue what stuff to get besides the replies on my post and a few other recommendations I found on other threads on this forum.

It's all very Alien to me..
 

zenniz

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
0
Why do you need a better graphic card when you don't do gaming. You are just gonna spend money on stuff that won't maximize it's potential base on your daily usage. Your work don't require a good graphic card.
 

OneAngryDog

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Why do you need a better graphic card when you don't do gaming. You are just gonna spend money on stuff that won't maximize it's potential base on your daily usage. Your work don't require a good graphic card.

I'm a scale modeler turn sort of artist, as I'm developing the concept artwork for my graphic novel/comic book series. I do heavy image editing, and I'm going to start learning a CAD program and movie maker as well. I've been using both Photostudio 5.5 and Photoshop Elements on my old Dell PC, and need to maximize the best CPU I can get for within $1200 or so.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top