Need help with D-Link DIR-865 USB Storage Remote access

zealtor

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, this is the problem:
Locally on my MAC I am able to connect to server via smb://192.168.0.1 by inputing my login name and password. This provides me a finder window with my files visible. However I do not know how to do this remotely when I am away from my local network.
FYI I am on starhub fibre 300Mbps and using Dlink DIR-865L
The files are located on a USB plugged into the router USB port. Is NOT a NAS and would like to avoid to using dlink SharePort Web Access system if possible.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, this is the problem:
Locally on my MAC I am able to connect to server via smb://192.168.0.1 by inputing my login name and password. This provides me a finder window with my files visible. However I do not know how to do this remotely when I am away from my local network.
FYI I am on starhub fibre 300Mbps and using Dlink DIR-865L
The files are located on a USB plugged into the router USB port. Is NOT a NAS and would like to avoid to using dlink SharePort Web Access system if possible.

tried ftp with your WAN address instead? You will need to port forward as well.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top