Need help with my first PC rig

xMorphine

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Alright thanks a lot guys!

Right now these are the changes I've made to the list thanks to all of you :

CPU : i5-6500 3.2GHz
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-B150-D3H
GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP!
RAM : G.Skill 2133MHz CLI5 (2 x 8GB)
SSD : OCZ 240GB SATA III Trion SSD
HDD : Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm
Power Supply : Leadex 550W Silver Power Supply
OS : Windows 10
Optical Drive : Whichever one that costs like $20
Casing : Corsair Spec 01 RED


Based on PC Themes list (+ Windows 10 from reddit) it should total around to $1404 so I'm very satisfied with that. Hopefully I can get a discount for building it with them :D
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Alright thanks a lot guys!

Right now these are the changes I've made to the list thanks to all of you :

CPU : i5-6500 3.2GHz
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-B150-D3H
GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB AMP!
RAM : G.Skill 2133MHz CLI5 (2 x 8GB)
SSD : OCZ 240GB SATA III Trion SSD
HDD : Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm
Power Supply : Leadex 550W Silver Power Supply
OS : Windows 10
Optical Drive : Whichever one that costs like $20
Casing : Corsair Spec 01 RED


Based on PC Themes list (+ Windows 10 from reddit) it should total around to $1404 so I'm very satisfied with that. Hopefully I can get a discount for building it with them :D

pay in cash might get discount.;)
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,286
Reaction score
420
Does this work for irregular customer or first time buyer?

They prefer cash so as to skip those extra charges and time required to go get the cash out. Then again, it depends on how u use your mouth as well.
 

undead102

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
0
Think your specs looks good. Think you can just get 1 x 8gb RAM instead 16 gb is overkill. Channel the extra money into a better GPU.
 

xMorphine

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Sorry, one last question. Is it common practice for shops to accept payment in installments or is that only for their own offered PC builds?
 

Allanlee82

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
10
Sorry, one last question. Is it common practice for shops to accept payment in installments or is that only for their own offered PC builds?

mostly shops dont offer installment, if you want installment plans, you might have to check with your own bank.
other than cash, they will most likely charge you an extra 3% so the best is pay by cash
 

xMorphine

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
mostly shops dont offer installment, if you want installment plans, you might have to check with your own bank.
other than cash, they will most likely charge you an extra 3% so the best is pay by cash

Alright cool, thanks for the info!
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,005
Reaction score
1,727
Yup I've been using the same 1080p monitor for console gaming and it still works fine so I think I'll go for the 1060. However if I decide to upgrade to 1440p (don't think I'll go for 4k), the 1060 should still be able to handle it?

It should be able to and you can get feedback from other members here.


Paying in cash allows you to get a cheaper price. Do it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top