Need help with PSU

Jianwei Tan

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Which super flower 550w silver / 650w silver / 550w gold better or efficient?

My build : i5 6500, msi b150m bazooka, 8gb ddr4 2133mhz, stock CPU cooler..

Currently using gtx 660 with old 510w PSU.. was thinking going for zotac gtx 1070 amp edition non extreme.. but don't know which wattage suitable for going non OC pc or enough to tahan this setup.. Thanks for reading.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Gold has better efficiency than sliver, and if u are gonna OC the GPU for prolong period get 650w gold.
 

xuan87

Senior Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
2
I'm using a Superleadex Gold 550W and love it. 550W will be more than enough for your requirement, and Gold over Silver for better efficiency.
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,697
Reaction score
525
Go for SuperFlower Leadex 550w Platinum if budget allows.
 

Jianwei Tan

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Thanks everyone.. I can't go platinum one haha.. I got thought of going seasonic m12ii but it's bronze certified .. with that amount add like $7 can get silver on super flower silver de..

Got thought of going gold also.. same price as 650w silver but gold one is 550w.. since my build isn't going oc.. I going gold like xuan87 said.. thanks all.. :s13:

But silver 550w enough ? I mean if can save more why not haha

Edit : is there any different with amp edition and amp extreme edition ? I mean like how many fps different ? Since everywhere sell $768 for amp extreme.. and $698 for amp edition.. price very big gap.. but gaming dk got big different not..
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
not much u can get from it, the difference is only a small fps beside that if u are playing on 60hz also wont have much affections if u can gain that few fps.

beside that size and cooler is better in amp extreme.

if u are not going OC u can even go for bronze. unless u are using ur pc for prolong period like 12 hrs or longer, can consider for gold
 

luggagepls

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Sorry TS to ks your thread.. I was also looking for a new PSU, Lazada doesn't seem to have it in stock :(

Seems like PSUs dying are a common occurrence...
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Sorry TS to ks your thread.. I was also looking for a new PSU, Lazada doesn't seem to have it in stock :(

Seems like PSUs dying are a common occurrence...

like which psu are u looking for? psu dying like how???
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Sorry hijack a bit. Is the Superflower Leadex silver 550W enough to power Sapphire R9 390? Got the PSU and thought of getting that card (I know it requires 750W).
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Sorry hijack a bit. Is the Superflower Leadex silver 550W enough to power Sapphire R9 390? Got the PSU and thought of getting that card (I know it requires 750W).

well 750w is CF mode. i think should be more than enough for 550W.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
I have 2 seasonic psus in separate systems that died within 3 Mths of each other. Each were only 1 to 2 years old... Suggest to avoid seasonic
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,697
Reaction score
525
I have 2 seasonic psus in separate systems that died within 3 Mths of each other. Each were only 1 to 2 years old... Suggest to avoid seasonic

Sad to hear the sad state of Seasonic PSU quality going down hill :s22:
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Sad to hear the sad state of Seasonic PSU quality going down hill :s22:

Well they are rock solid stable on 12v...the problem is that the other rails are not strong enough I guess. Having problems booting up and resuming from sleep.
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,147
Reaction score
1,250
I got the Superflower HX600 600W Golden Green 80+ Gold for $90

You should invest in Gold for better efficiency and components used.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top