Need recommendation for my mom

DeBracko

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
5
Hi guys! I'm thinking of getting my mom a laptop because technology now is so advanced already and I dont want her to lagged behind. So far she's only use her handphone to surf web/watch shows. Recently she started picking up digital art as her hobby but seeing her draw on a mobile screen really kelian. I'm hoping you guys can recommend me a laptop that can help to fulfill the requirements!

Here's the requirements that I want from a laptop:

Budget - less than 1k, if below 800 even better!

Usage - surf web, watching youtube, light photoshop or digital art software

Touchscreen - would be good to have so dont have to buy a drawing tablet?

Lightweight - so she can bring it around

Thanks in advance!
 

Traver

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
There are many good Chinese brand options if you dare to take the risk. Can explore Chuwi, Jumper from AliExpress, Gearbest. Cheap and capable.
 

behling

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
3
Pro tip, just get iPad with support for latest Apple pencils. Will it be more costly then other solutions out there? Yes. But the joy or seeing your mum enjoy herself with drawing art will be worth more then the couple hundred u save when u look back in 30 years time

Hi guys! I'm thinking of getting my mom a laptop because technology now is so advanced already and I dont want her to lagged behind. So far she's only use her handphone to surf web/watch shows. Recently she started picking up digital art as her hobby but seeing her draw on a mobile screen really kelian. I'm hoping you guys can recommend me a laptop that can help to fulfill the requirements!

Here's the requirements that I want from a laptop:

Budget - less than 1k, if below 800 even better!

Usage - surf web, watching youtube, light photoshop or digital art software

Touchscreen - would be good to have so dont have to buy a drawing tablet?

Lightweight - so she can bring it around

Thanks in advance!
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,571
Reaction score
2,886
What is a good value for money Ryzen laptop? Need to replace a desktop that's meant for office work, thanks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top