shearmanlee
Member
- Joined
- Aug 28, 2011
- Messages
- 364
- Reaction score
- 0
any news about this policy?

For direct FA, it is 50% of premium first year, then subsequent year divide by 2 till 5th year.
Assuming $300 premium per month, $3600 a year.
1st year com - $1800
2nd year com - $900
3rd year com - $450
4th year com - $225
5th year com - $112.5
Total amount - $3487.5
Their BDE will be leeching from them, and the senior management will be leeching from the BDE. However MAS is currently looking at this, and things might chance for a better good (for consumer).
Assuming after 14 days, you wish to switch agent, etc, the commission will be still earned by the person who sell you. Which i don't find it very fair, therefore choosing a trusted and good agent is very important.
Wow,u sure? Any policies by any companies as long as thru ifa is like that? Hope some ifa representatives can shed some light in your statement.
My company,Ntuc Income certainly doesn't have such attractive commission product and our company managers do not override comms,they take fixed pay. And dun bother flaming me coz i'm leaving soon,lolz.

Thank you for the advise, but I will still stick to this product, now my agent explain to me that I can choose get cashback from 3rd year, and collect maturity in as early as 3rd year onwards, even through now the plan I signed up is Accumulate it, as long as it is like that, I am happy.
this product doesn't payout if 30 critical illness hits unless u add in rider which is consider additional expense that won't add into your cash value. if you took out cash back every year, there is no way your product can give u 3% return year by year. I expect only 1-2 %.
what do u mean collect maturity as early as 3rd yr?
Hi bloodsucker,
Thank you for your insightful and clearly expressed response.
Oh yes, I was approached by them during their roadshow and as ignorant as I was with financial policies back then, they manage to win me over to commit with the 25 years plan. However, I wasn't informed about the '14 days Free-look' policy by my FA and only get to know the existence through many forums which I have read. Well, its too late now anyway
For now I've more or less decided to surrender the policy early to make small losses then a huge one years later. I guess its a lesson learnt for me albeit at an expensive price tag and it had made me to re-evaluate its suitability for my long term goal.
Regarding the SAF GTL as you mention it is not a medical plan, then I'd like to understand how would a medical plan differs from a term policy and life policy? Is it correct to say I should get a policy which covers accidents and hospitalisation on top of another policy which covers TPD and CI?
Another question is you advise to avoid whole-life policy, as such if I would to get a term insurance which probably covers me till age 65, then how about my remaining years? Is it because by then I'd be financially capable to pay or....?
Thank you once again for your advices..
Cheers.
Hi All, recently signed up for a 15 years pruflexicash package which I have paid for 4 months (500/per month) til present. Abit regret of what i have did recklessly. I'm just wondering if i should terminate my current policy and lose the 2k of what i have paid or continue on..
Based on the illustration of the pruflexicash, if i do not withdraw any amount from my yearly cashback for 15 years, i will get back 101,927 at a projected rate of 3.75% return (Which break down into guarantee sum of 59k and non-guarantee sum of 32,927.
After seeing the illustration for months and months, I realized a few issues on the total investment return which are:
I'm worried that after investing for 15 years, I will not get back my total sum of premium paid. Is it true?
- Will the non-guarantee sum be negative?
- Will i get back my original total premium paid which is 90k?
Apologize for the lengthy email. Kindly need someone to advise on it.
Hi All, recently signed up for a 15 years pruflexicash package which I have paid for 4 months (500/per month) til present. Abit regret of what i have did recklessly. I'm just wondering if i should terminate my current policy and lose the 2k of what i have paid or continue on..
Based on the illustration of the pruflexicash, if i do not withdraw any amount from my yearly cashback for 15 years, i will get back 101,927 at a projected rate of 3.75% return (Which break down into guarantee sum of 59k and non-guarantee sum of 32,927.
After seeing the illustration for months and months, I realized a few issues on the total investment return which are:
I'm worried that after investing for 15 years, I will not get back my total sum of premium paid. Is it true?
- Will the non-guarantee sum be negative?
- Will i get back my original total premium paid which is 90k?
Apologize for the lengthy email. Kindly need someone to advise on it.