Need Suggestion to Purchase New PC Setup

Uramasa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
2,724
Reaction score
719
Hi All,

I would like to seek an advice on which model/chipset should I buy as don't plan to over-clock the CPU, a default clock will do.

I've a budget of $1,000 to buy a CPU + MOBO + RAM and if I'm able squeeze a mid ranged GPU that would be sweet (very unlikely, I know!).

I would like to have i7-intel (probably 4790?) due to I'm usually running multiples VMs and RAM at least 16GB is a must, but I'm not sure which chipset/mobo to pick from, since there are too many to choose from therefore would like to seek your advice on which MOBO to select.

Thank you for reading,

Cheers!
 

Jian19

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
100,790
Reaction score
27,527
i7-4770 + Msi b85m g43 ~ $495
Crucial 8gb ddr3 x 2 ~ $180
Leadtek gtx760 OC ~ $340

$1015 buy @ tradepac ask for discount.
 

Uramasa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
2,724
Reaction score
719
i7-4770 + Msi b85m g43 ~ $495
Crucial 8gb ddr3 x 2 ~ $180
Leadtek gtx760 OC ~ $340

$1015 buy @ tradepac ask for discount.

Thanks for the input, Jian.

Do consider Intel Xeon E3-1230/40 v3 (Core i7 Server-grade counterpart)

yes, indeed.
I've been trying to find pricelist with Xeon CPU on list but unable to find.
do you have shop in mind that selling Xeon CPUs?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top