Need Taiwan Driver 5th May 2013

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,070
Reaction score
2
Will need to cover Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen Old street, shifen waterfall, shifen old street & put sky lantern. If time permits keelung night market. Any drivers to recommend?
 

ses009

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
823
Reaction score
11
You can cover everything by taking trains & buses actually. Unless your group got old people and children who can't travel/walk too much.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
You can cover everything by taking trains & buses actually. Unless your group got old people and children who can't travel/walk too much.

If he's looking to complete those places in 1 day by public, nearly impossible unless he hit and run..
 

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,070
Reaction score
2
You can cover everything by taking trains & buses actually. Unless your group got old people and children who can't travel/walk too much.

I initially wanted to, but it is just too troublesome. Not sure if I can cover ALL also.

If he's looking to complete those places in 1 day by public, nearly impossible unless he hit and run..

I am guessing the same. Thus a driver
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
I initially wanted to, but it is just too troublesome. Not sure if I can cover ALL also.



I am guessing the same. Thus a driver

But then again u might enjoy more if u take the train..

Die die need to go shifen waterfall mehx?? I nv bother going..Nt free and need to walk if public transport..
 

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,070
Reaction score
2
But then again u might enjoy more if u take the train..

Die die need to go shifen waterfall mehx?? I nv bother going..Nt free and need to walk if public transport..

Nope, not really. Lets say I change to just Jiufen & Shifen. How do I go about going to both places from Taipei main station? Can i buy tickets on the spot or pre order from web?
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
Nope, not really. Lets say I change to just Jiufen & Shifen. How do I go about going to both places from Taipei main station? Can i buy tickets on the spot or pre order from web?

You might wana try a,

- Jinguashi(Reach at about 0930H)
From TMS, buy TRA tickets to Ruifang Station, from opp the station main entrance, there's a bus labelled Jinguashi(Forgot the no). Board that to go Jinguashi which is a few stops after Jiufen(Dont attempt to walk from Jinguashi to Jiufen)
- Jiufen(Reach about 1130-1200H)
From Jinguashi, take the same bus to head down to Jiufen Old Street. Spend about 2-3hrs
- Shifen Old Street(Sky Lantern area also)
From Jiufen, board any bus that brings u to Ruifang Station. Buy tickets for Shifen from here(No point getting unlimited pass since visiting one stop only). Train interval are about 1hr or sometimes 1 1/2hrs. So plan nicely.
- Keelung's Miaokou NM
Take the TRA from Shifen to Badu then transfer to TRA bound for Keelung.

I reckon this can be done. But of cos set out earlier..You can just buy tix on the spot, no need for advance booking. However, u might wana use the TRA timetable available online to check the timing for trains before u set off.
 

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,070
Reaction score
2
You might wana try a,

- Jinguashi(Reach at about 0930H)
From TMS, buy TRA tickets to Ruifang Station, from opp the station main entrance, there's a bus labelled Jinguashi(Forgot the no). Board that to go Jinguashi which is a few stops after Jiufen(Dont attempt to walk from Jinguashi to Jiufen)
- Jiufen(Reach about 1130-1200H)
From Jinguashi, take the same bus to head down to Jiufen Old Street. Spend about 2-3hrs
- Shifen Old Street(Sky Lantern area also)
From Jiufen, board any bus that brings u to Ruifang Station. Buy tickets for Shifen from here(No point getting unlimited pass since visiting one stop only). Train interval are about 1hr or sometimes 1 1/2hrs. So plan nicely.
- Keelung's Miaokou NM
Take the TRA from Shifen to Badu then transfer to TRA bound for Keelung.

I reckon this can be done. But of cos set out earlier..You can just buy tix on the spot, no need for advance booking. However, u might wana use the TRA timetable available online to check the timing for trains before u set off.

This is a very detailed guide. Thanks! I've quotes for NTD 3000 for 10 hours. If OTOT for Bus/MRT/Walk I'm thinking I can save about NTD 2000? Will spend more time travelling thou.
 

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
84,917
Reaction score
2,910
This is a very detailed guide. Thanks! I've quotes for NTD 3000 for 10 hours. If OTOT for Bus/MRT/Walk I'm thinking I can save about NTD 2000? Will spend more time travelling thou.

Estimation using public transport to the above mention places..About NT$300/pax..You will actually see more than what you might get inside c cab..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top