Need your most honest opinion.

Barryallen123

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
I'm a malay student studying in poly with quite average GPA of 3.23 So problem is... In my engineering course, there are not much malay students. And I'm wondering why? And also my friends like to make remarks about me being lucky to even get that high because he said Malay usually don't study that well. And even said that I'm not fully malay because malay don't usually make it this far in poly. Not one but majority of them told me that same line. They aren't racist trust me, but they do however state a fact that I've seen it with my own eyes. The truth is even my malay friends don't want to hangout with me anymore cause they said I'm brainwashed by the Chinese from playing games like dota, csgo etc which they have totally no interest in except for fifa which Im not a big fan of soccer games but do support soccer team. Even my parents are concerned that I hangout with more Chinese friends than malay friends. It has been like that since secondary school till now. My cliques are always chinese for some reason. Anyone thinks the situation is a little complex? Or am I just paranoid
 

Livktj

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Im surprised ur engineering course has so little malays haha. I was in EE and my seniors always joked that during the graduation ceremony, the person calling out the names will have to keep repeating 'Mohammed' for very long haha (no offence). I think that you shouldn't be so concerned about not being able to fit into what malays usually do. If they are your friends, they should accept you for who you are. Who is to give those useless stereotypes? Just do what you love, excel in your studies and keep your true friends close. Dont worry and have fun for ur leftover time in Poly :)
 

SotongLove

Banned
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
15,954
Reaction score
0
And also my friends like to make remarks about me being lucky to even get that high because he said Malay usually don't study that well. And even said that I'm not fully malay because malay don't usually make it this far in poly.

This comment already says a lot to them. For me,making friends is not about race or religion. It's about their attitude. By making that comment,it already says your view of life is different from them. I have a Malay friend who got 3.8GPA and went into NUS. So you are not alone. You want to study,but they don't want to study. It's better to stay away from them than to get influenced by them. "Don't study well" is not in malay's blood,it's their attitude

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top