New EC at Sumang Walk

tokidoki_sg

Reaction score
Yap, I won’t dispute on that. :D
Anyway, I reject doing the e app.
That’s y I was keen to know when Rivercove launch, theres how many applicants during that time to get a sensing.

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/pro...ercove-residences-ec-oversubscribed-2-5-times

The Rivercove Residences executive condominium (EC) in Sengkang has attracted over 1,500 e-applications since its preview launch on 1 April, said developer Hoi Hup Sunway on Monday (9 Apr).

This translates to an oversubscription rate of 2.5 times for the project’s 628 units.

tanjiakpeng

Master Member
Reaction score
I think gap become EC and private condo won't be so big. If so big, that makes resales EC a good buy. I am waiting to buy the EC at buangkok MRT once my mop is up after 3 more years..
Esparina is probably a good buy now.

But i'm not so sure after SKR TOPs in 3yrs time and the transformation is complete in buangkok.

I was sourcing for a 3BR in Esparina but all the good units/stacks are not selling. Prudent owners will recognize this. Nonetheless, Esparina owners are sitting on 3xx psf paper gains alr

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
price surge over 40% in less than 1.5yrs?
ec.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

source from squarefoot.com.sg .. not my own creation hor

Your chart shows ec prices were below $800psf in Mar 2018. $800psf to $1150psf in less than 1.5 years (over 43%)! Am I not right?

If you want to compare rivercove also can. $969psf to $1150psf in 1 year is over 18% increase. Sounds sensible to you? Maybe it does, because u want the sales.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/pro...ercove-residences-ec-oversubscribed-2-5-times

The Rivercove Residences executive condominium (EC) in Sengkang has attracted over 1,500 e-applications since its preview launch on 1 April, said developer Hoi Hup Sunway on Monday (9 Apr).

This translates to an oversubscription rate of 2.5 times for the project’s 628 units.

Repost: Piermont with 820 units is 2 times oversubscribed. Taking into account that piermont is almost 200psf more expensive than rivercove, the sales may be lower. There are only that many irrational buyers in the market that will bite at whatever price.

tokidoki_sg

Reaction score
Repost: Piermont with 820 units is 2 times oversubscribed. Taking into account that piermont is almost 200psf more expensive than rivercove, the sales may be lower. There are only that many irrational buyers in the market that will bite at whatever price.

Agreed Piermont asking price is really high for EC. Glad i already got mine below $800psf.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Will like seek your further opinion, do you think Esparina is a good buy for self stay or your opinion is it still has potential for appreciation?

Esparina 3 bedders already selling at 11xxpsf now, thats 4xxpsf paper gain for the first owner 😊

Esparina is probably a good buy now.

But i'm not so sure after SKR TOPs in 3yrs time and the transformation is complete in buangkok.

I was sourcing for a 3BR in Esparina but all the good units/stacks are not selling. Prudent owners will recognize this. Nonetheless, Esparina owners are sitting on 3xx psf paper gains alr

Braun8

Reaction score
That's why you have to think very carefully lo. If both not working, very jialat. Bank dont pity anyone de. Cannot pay, take your house n fire sale liao. My company also got retrenchment n got news that there will be a 2nd round.

Deutsche Bank most jialat liao. Current property market like that thanks to AMDK n chinese. If bo lang buy then really gg.

I've decided not to show up for the balloting. No debt = no stress, and can retire much earlier. With my current finances, I can probably retire in 10 years time.

A few of my wife's colleagues kena retrenchment yesterday.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've decided not to show up for the balloting. No debt = no stress, and can retire much earlier. With my current finances, I can probably retire in 10 years time.

Just to seek input, I had always have that mindset of no debt- no stress mindset till early last year, where my friend shared that it was better to have an asset under one’s name than to have physical cash or stocks, because an asset(property) now will always be cheaper than 10 years later. They said some debts (housing loan for eg)are good debts as it is a form of leverage and the ir is relatively low. Do you agree?

Another thing about EC is that due to the income ceiling, one may be able to buy now but not in time to come if your income level is above the income ceiling (as pointed by someone here earlier). Do you think that this will be an issue?

Jus a food for thought for genuine inputs, thanks

sukidexun

Reaction score

In singapore cannot retire de. Must keep working to keep our minds working. Only can retire if you have property to earn rental if not kind of hard. Unless you want to everyday stay at home type.

Thankfully your wife never kena. Already heng liao. Since you have not decided to move then its ok. Jia you.

sukidexun

Reaction score
Just to seek input, I had always have that mindset of no debt- no stress mindset till early last year, where my friend shared that it was better to have an asset under one’s name than to have physical cash or stocks, because an asset(property) now will always be cheaper than 10 years later. They said some debts (housing loan for eg)are good debts as it is a form of leverage and the ir is relatively low. Do you agree?

Another thing about EC is that due to the income ceiling, one may be able to buy now but not in time to come if your income level is above the income ceiling (as pointed by someone here earlier). Do you think that this will be an issue?

If you have debts or commitments, it will force you to work under any environment. If you are free from everything, your mindset will change for sure. Even you have to go sell bubble tea to earn 2-3k.

Last time when i m jobless a few mths, heng still got a loving gf so i thought no job also ok but then it didnt last very long.

Incoming ceiling is a bar only. You can always exceed and still apply for it (case to case). To me if you hit 14k and job is stable, why dont you look at condo liao unless you want a super big unit.

ashcrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

agree on the stress. per mth interest based on 800k for 30yrs is about $1400 now. interest only. no joke.

but...ec and bto are the best to flip. free pot of gold. not sure about the market in 5yrs MOP time...but now...average about 150-200k profit for bto....and should be more for ECs...

sukidexun

Reaction score
Will like seek your further opinion, do you think Esparina is a good buy for self stay or your opinion is it still has potential for appreciation?

Esparina 3 bedders already selling at 11xxpsf now, thats 4xxpsf paper gain for the first owner 😊

You can wait for the new condo to launch first n compare since very nearby. It still down to the important question. Will you stay there long enough?

We cannot always compare last time 400+ psf. Those are the ones who are willing to take the risk. That's why u must do all your homework n believe in your own judgment. Of cos you may seek help from agent too if needed.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I was involved in those EC in Punggol as well, from the first one aka Prive til Riverparc.. those buyers that came to view all kpkb, cos they were comparing ancient history's EC that used to be $3xx-4xxpsf.. .. create my own stories? lols.. I wish i'm that creative..

price surge over 40% in less than 1.5yrs? you referring to Rivercove vs Piermont ? now that's a funny story .. as shown in the graph, the March 2018 was referring to Rivercove.. and you can see the average psf back then was ady $969psf.. surge 40% = $1356psf ?? :s22: is Piermont selling at $1356psf?

ec.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

source from squarefoot.com.sg .. not my own creation hor

Told you liao. spend more time on getting more client rather than here explaining to some pricks that dont know ****. Those cannot afford to buy sure say punggol no good la or other projects price so low why must i pay so much? You dont pay, u **** OFF. Simple.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I definitely agree, as long as you do not over-leverage.

Try saving for 20 years, then buy your dream $2m property without loan. You would realise that you cannot buy that property at the same price 20 years back.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Told you liao. spend more time on getting more client rather than here explaining to some pricks that dont know ****. Those cannot afford to buy sure say punggol no good la or other projects price so low why must i pay so much? You dont pay, u **** OFF. Simple.
This is one of the reasons why I avoid punggol, to avoid associating myself with low class people like you living in your own world. You are clearly the ignorant one.

If one can not afford punggol, he won’t be able to afford anything else. Lol.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree, as long as you do not over-leverage.

Try saving for 20 years, then buy your dream $2m property without loan. You would realise that you cannot buy that property at the same price 20 years back.

This was a regret I had not looking into property market earlier in 2017 and accumulating wealth, staying debt free. So just want to hear inputs from others, if being debt free is really a good thing. Of cos, we are not referring to credit card debt that i feel is a form of bad debt.

Braun8

Reaction score

I may not be the right person for this question because besides my flat, I also own a commercial property which I've been collecting rental income.

I bought this FH commercial property during the recession when it was cheap, and the value has now more than doubled. I've paid off the loan several years ago and have been debt-free since.

sukidexun

Reaction score
I may not be the right person for this question because besides my flat, I also own a commercial property which I've been collecting rental income.

I bought this FH commercial property during the recession when it was cheap, and the value has now more than doubled. I've paid off the loan several years ago and have been debt-free since.

Then very obvious liao. Faster find a gd location n move to retire. If you want to retire, dont think punggol is ideal.

Happy for you.

I also need to buy another condo to move away from pricks n stalkers.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wow, cool. we always wished we started earlier, perhaps aft having the FH commercial property it’s a good thing to stay debt free now, I think you could look beyond EC haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.