New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
45k is 4.5% of 1m, not 0.045%.

I know you property agent but you are pushing these new launches too hard, you don't even make any sense now.

New launch market is only a tiny fraction of the overall housing stock, its a poor indicator of the health of the property market, I think new sale market is only hot because agents like you are pushing them to people who cannot tell the difference between 0.045% and 4.5%. :s13:

Hopefully it is an unintentional mistake. I myself really thought the 45k resale levy was immaterial and negligible because of the number he gave...:o
 

civicguy

Banned
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Messages
36,907
Reaction score
8,272
Well said. I agreed

Most people just see the news, look at the adverts, listen to property agents, so they only know about new launches and little about "hidden gems".

Rather than call resale undervalued, the new launches are overvalued. Simply because of land bids.
 

AlohaBeach

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2017
Messages
345
Reaction score
21
Let me stick my neck out.

I expect the sales for this EC to be poor given the gloomy economic outlook.
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
Don't you want this 'hidden gem' too?

Springhill is 80 years left landed & 鸟不生蛋location.
Far from MRT.
It has been 'undervalued' for years.
Even CapitalMallTrust gave up & sold off freehold Sembawang Shopping Centre. Its only sale among all its malls which are 99 years lease.

.... they only know about new launches and little about "hidden gems".
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Lol, you keep cutting out sections of my post to suit yourself. Appropriate family size, a 3 bedder for a family of 4 is appropriate, siblings don't have to share rooms and parents have their own space. But you may define it differently, to each his own.


I didn't say undervalued, as long as it's of value, then why not? Look at Springhill in Sembawang, avg prolly about $500 psf, 2500sqft, near shopping centre and various eateries around you, ok mah, value lor


Anyway, maybe we define differently, I looking for own stay, not renting out, so again, to each his own

Don’t say brother never introduce u good Lobang, u want cheap and big ones I got plenty to recommend. There’s another cluster house cheaper and bigger than springhill cluster house, it’s called the Shaughnessy. 3300sqft for just 1.368 mil, 417psf nia, 5 Storey high per unit, cheaper than most HDB in psf some more. Right next to orchid country club with breath taking and peaceful golf course greenery view.
Can Dine, go bowling, play golf and do any sports at orchid country club at your doorstep.
But how come only one transaction for this year since the space is so big and price so cheap? Think again. Sometimes it’s not about the size and the price. PM me if anyone wants to know why. :D

Does Springhill still has any further upside after comparing to this? It’s up to the readers to decide for yourself.

UF07Ulm.png
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
Don’t say brother never introduce u good Lobang, u want cheap and big ones I got plenty to recommend. There’s another cluster house cheaper than springhill cluster house, it’s called the Shaughnessy. 3300sqft for just 1.368 mil, 417psf nia, 5 Storey high per unit, cheaper than most HDB in psf some more. Right next to orchid country club with breath taking and peaceful golf course greenery view.
Can Dine, go bowling, play golf and do any sports at orchid country club at your doorstep.
But how come only one transaction for this year since the space is so big and price so cheap? Think again. Sometimes it’s not about the size and the price. PM me if anyone wants to know why. :D

Does Springhill still has any further upside after comparing to this? It’s up to the readers to decide for yourself.

UF07Ulm.png

Is it because maintenance fee is $1,000 a month?
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
Is it because maintenance fee is $1,000 a month?

Nope, maintenance 350 to 400 per month only.
Comes with 2 private parking lots per unit some more.
Maybe this one suitable for broad walk with tight budget :D
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
Don't you want this 'hidden gem' too?

Springhill is 80 years left landed & 鸟不生蛋location.
Far from MRT.
It has been 'undervalued' for years.
Even CapitalMallTrust gave up & sold off freehold Sembawang Shopping Centre. Its only sale among all its malls which are 99 years lease.
That area not under my radar. You can take it.
 

Eraval

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
4,410
Reaction score
2
Don’t say brother never introduce u good Lobang, u want cheap and big ones I got plenty to recommend. There’s another cluster house cheaper and bigger than springhill cluster house, it’s called the Shaughnessy. 3300sqft for just 1.368 mil, 417psf nia, 5 Storey high per unit, cheaper than most HDB in psf some more. Right next to orchid country club with breath taking and peaceful golf course greenery view.
Can Dine, go bowling, play golf and do any sports at orchid country club at your doorstep.
But how come only one transaction for this year since the space is so big and price so cheap? Think again. Sometimes it’s not about the size and the price. PM me if anyone wants to know why. :D

Does Springhill still has any further upside after comparing to this? It’s up to the readers to decide for yourself.

UF07Ulm.png

I visited inside, I hate it LOL!

I can't say exactly why but I got a vibe when I'm there that tells me no way I really want to stay here.

I'll say this, the rooms on lvl 2, 3 are really big, can put 2 King Size and still build a fort in between no problem but I cannot pinpoint exactly why I got a bad feeling about it
 

captain huat

Master Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
4,140
Reaction score
85
Don’t say brother never introduce u good Lobang, u want cheap and big ones I got plenty to recommend. There’s another cluster house cheaper and bigger than springhill cluster house, it’s called the Shaughnessy. 3300sqft for just 1.368 mil, 417psf nia, 5 Storey high per unit, cheaper than most HDB in psf some more. Right next to orchid country club with breath taking and peaceful golf course greenery view.
Can Dine, go bowling, play golf and do any sports at orchid country club at your doorstep.
But how come only one transaction for this year since the space is so big and price so cheap? Think again. Sometimes it’s not about the size and the price. PM me if anyone wants to know why. :D

Does Springhill still has any further upside after comparing to this? It’s up to the readers to decide for yourself.

UF07Ulm.png

Why huh. I really curious to know
 

stiffzzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
I visited inside, I hate it LOL!

I can't say exactly why but I got a vibe when I'm there that tells me no way I really want to stay here.

I'll say this, the rooms on lvl 2, 3 are really big, can put 2 King Size and still build a fort in between no problem but I cannot pinpoint exactly why I got a bad feeling about it

Could it be the layout / floor plan of the unit?
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,297
Reaction score
3,015
I visited inside, I hate it LOL!

I can't say exactly why but I got a vibe when I'm there that tells me no way I really want to stay here.

I'll say this, the rooms on lvl 2, 3 are really big, can put 2 King Size and still build a fort in between no problem but I cannot pinpoint exactly why I got a bad feeling about it

So may I ask why u like spring hill instead of Shaughnessy when both of their layout are rather similar? In fact, Shaughnessy’s layout is much spacious than spring hill.
I visited both Shaughnessy and spring hill, spring hill is even worse in terms of facing. Some units are facing big trees right in front of their unit.
Shaughnessy on the other hand has a number of units facing the Golf course view and quite a number are pool facing.
What is Sembawang shopping mall by the way? It’s just another small ulu mall.
I rather stay next to a country club, more peaceful and atas feel.

Anyway that’s besides the point.
My point is, how come such a good bargain and no one is buying?
With 1.36 mil, you probably can’t even get a 4 bedder sumang EC that comes with decent bedroom size.

How come terrasse only 10xxpsf near to upcoming mrt but yet, not a lot are buying? Are we sure these are the hidden gems?
Sometimes, I wish buying property is that simple and so straight forward to understand but in many cases, it is not so. While many are preaching to buy cheap big size resale, if u buy the wrong resale, your profit gain will remain flattish or could even end up making huge loses and could take you a very Long time to repent. Same for buying new launches.

Just offering my balance view between buying resale and new launches.
 
Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2019
Messages
7,573
Reaction score
736
So may I ask why u like spring hill instead of Shaughnessy when both of their layout are rather similar? In fact, Shaughnessy’s layout is much spacious than spring hill.
I visited both Shaughnessy and spring hill, spring hill is even worse in terms of facing. Some units are facing big trees right in front of their unit.
Shaughnessy on the other hand has a number of units facing the Golf course view and quite a number are pool facing.
What is Sembawang shopping mall by the way? It’s just another small ulu mall.
I rather stay next to a country club, more peaceful and atas feel.

Anyway that’s besides the point.
My point is, how come such a good bargain and no one is buying?
With 1.36 mil, you probably can’t even get a 4 bedder sumang EC that comes with decent bedroom size.

How come terrasse only 10xxpsf near to upcoming mrt but yet, not a lot are buying? Are we sure these are the hidden gems?
I hope buying property is that simple and so straight forward to understand but in many cases, it is not so. While many are preaching to buy cheap big size resale, if u buy the wrong resale, your profit gain will remain flattish or could even make huge loses and could take you a very Long time to repent. Same for buying new launches.

Just offering my balance view between buying resale and new launches.

This is indeed true. There is a reason why some projects sell better than others.

When the cross island line is ready, it will surely benefit condos like terrassee but that is in 10 years time (a pretty long horizon). In comparison, Punggol MRT is already in operation for the Sumang EC, thus bringing about greater convenience and accessibility.
 

Merg91

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2018
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
0
There are very few 'hidden gems'.
There are reasons why those are so cheapo.

Many eye cheap in auctions but rarely get them.
Nowadays the hidden gems are those cheap old condo & later have successful EN BLOC.
 

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
How come terrasse only 10xxpsf near to upcoming mrt but yet, not a lot are buying? Are we sure these are the hidden gems?
Sometimes, I wish buying property is that simple and so straight forward to understand but in many cases, it is not so. While many are preaching to buy cheap big size resale, if u buy the wrong resale, your profit gain will remain flattish or could even end up making huge loses and could take you a very Long time to repent. Same for buying new launches.

Just offering my balance view between buying resale and new launches.

Definitely not all resales are good. If you say Terrasse is not good then Affinity and garden should not be good either. THey are all in the same area with Terrasse arguably in the better location. If you dislike Terrasse then there is still luxurie and la fiesta and quartz and many more! All that I am recommending are beside or near mrt. If I am looking to buy, I will definitely not be so kind to share here.

Imo why resales are dead is because the new launch hype is too strong. As I said before, mass market / ec buyers are far from the most savvy ones. That is why there will always losers and winners.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top