New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I longer term investor. Lazy to see everyday de.

Slowly loading kep corp each time it is down and wait for the long oil cycle to upturn.

Kep corp i went in june, last week exit alr.. I think today may fall further :( All the best.

Sometimes stock market cannot be too long-term, will miss a lot of boats. Especially this period, lots of volatility which provides opportunities.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Kep corp i went in june, last week exit alr.. I think today may fall further :( All the best.

Sometimes stock market cannot be too long-term, will miss a lot of boats. Especially this period, lots of volatility which provides opportunities.

Different way of playing. Do the same when you have a 6 figure portfolio and your broker will be the happy one.

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Caveat for piermont out...

VyJDUSF.jpg

VVS7fqV.jpg

peacefulday

Reaction score
Agree that CMs are good and should not be removed for next few years. I think the govt should increase ABSD for foreigners and entities and those buying third and subsequent properties.

The developers association is very eager for the reduction/removal of CMs because they currently have 37,800 unsold units, their unsold inventory have been escalating due to slow sales.

Chart of the Day: Unsold residential inventory hit 37,800 units in Q1 2019
https://sbr.com.sg/residential-prop...d-residential-inventory-hit-37800-units-in-q1

the unsold inventory could still due to lousy and massive launch locations. CMs is just a excuse key input to govern acc.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the unsold inventory could still due to lousy and massive launch locations. CMs is just a excuse key input to govern acc.

The unsold inventory is largely due to a mismatch in pricing in terms of its location and price. For projects that offers value; they still seem to be selling well monthly.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happens when you overpay for property... This guy paid $847psf for this pasir ris condo in 2007. :s13:
https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/under-hammer-unit-coastal-view-residences-going-785000

I think it’s more of a case that this property is at a rather secluded area of Pasir Ris, which may not appeal to the masses, it also had limited amenities. Nonetheless, over 12 year period the property appreciated but at a flattish pace.

$847 psf in 2007 for w 999 years condo might have been “cheap” if we compare it to prices in 2007. He would have done a lot better if he bought Citylights or Southbank (both at Lavender), 99year LH for about $1000psf instead, avg prices now are at about $1650-$18xx psf.

This case study is an example of choosing the right project. 99year LH at a good location may be better than a 999 years LH/FH, and bigger development seems better.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
I think it’s more of a case that this property is at a rather secluded area of Pasir Ris, which may not appeal to the masses, it also had limited amenities. Nonetheless, over 12 year period the property appreciated but at a flattish pace.

$847 psf in 2007 for w 999 years condo might have been “cheap” if we compare it to prices in 2007. He would have done a lot better if he bought Citylights or Southbank (both at Lavender), 99year LH for about $1000psf instead, avg prices now are at about $1650-$18xx psf.

This case study is an example of choosing the right project. 99year LH at a good location may be better than a 999 years LH/FH, and bigger development seems better.

Exactly, its the location. Thats why I'm posting in this thread. ;)

But the main point is, don't overpay for your property.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats not even Pasir Ris, its district 17, thats Loyang and Changi.

This kind of location even FH also won't be worth much.

Oops, it reads near to pasir ris beach.
I think it lacks amenities, not near MRT, not near Mall, not near school, not central and no major transformation, thus the price does not move much even it being 999years LH.

peacefulday

Reaction score
The main point is, getting lesser good location launch and its wont cheap. The logic is why some exp and still sold fast and furious, where as many cheap cheap still fall in under unsold lists.

Exactly, its the location. Thats why I'm posting in this thread. ;)

But the main point is, don't overpay for your property.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Oops, it reads near to pasir ris beach.
I think it lacks amenities, not near MRT, not near Mall, not near school, not central and no major transformation, thus the price does not move much even it being 999years LH.

Is not the price not moving. Is that guy foolishly overpaid for his property in 2007! Btw pasir ris central transformation coming soon.

So I guess if that is ulu, you are trying to imply Parc Komo and friends in less accessible locations are severely overpriced?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is not the price not moving. Is that guy foolishly overpaid for his property in 2007! Btw pasir ris central transformation coming soon.

So I guess if that is ulu, you are trying to imply Parc Komo and friends in less accessible locations are severely overpriced?

It’s year 2019 now, when that place was bought it’s year 2007 during 2007-2019 there was no transformation in Pasir Ris, moreover the Pasir Ris transformation was only announced w Allgreen winning the bid this year, it will also take 3-5 years to see fruition. And that place will also launch 14xx psf up I guess and 99 years LH, so does it mean it will lose to this 999year LH?

The beneficiary of Pasir Ris transformation is likely to be developments like coco palms, which is near Pasir Ris mrt

Can’t comment about Parc Komo though, it’s up to you to read.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
It’s year 2019 now, when that place was bought it’s year 2007 during 2007-2019 there was no transformation in Pasir Ris, moreover the Pasir Ris transformation was only announced w Allgreen winning the bid this year, it will also take 3-5 years to see fruition. And that place will also launch 14xx psf up I guess and 99 years LH, so does it mean it will lose to this 999year LH?

The beneficiary of Pasir Ris transformation is likely to be developments like coco palms, which is near Pasir Ris mrt

Can’t comment about Parc Komo though, it’s up to you to read.

You know what? The reason why prices are up is not because of whatever “transformation”, it’s simply because of developer bids. And if ppl want new homes, they have no choice but to abide by the rules set by developers. That is why you “can’t comment” about part komo and fellow changi/Loyang new launches...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.