New investment platform - Syfe

suarridge12345

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2018
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
<https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/garage/digital-wealth-manager-syfe-launches-in-singapore-with-s52m-in-seed-funding>

Anyone going to give this a try? No minimum investment and only 0.65% annual fee.

They also use a risk-based investing system that re balances your portfolio based on the risk level you want to take. I think re-balancing is usually done when your asset allocation is off from your target. And seems like Syfe's method is based on solid research - www.syfe.com/investment-strategy
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
<https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/garage/digital-wealth-manager-syfe-launches-in-singapore-with-s52m-in-seed-funding>

Anyone going to give this a try? No minimum investment and only 0.65% annual fee.

They also use a risk-based investing system that re balances your portfolio based on the risk level you want to take. I think re-balancing is usually done when your asset allocation is off from your target. And seems like Syfe's method is based on solid research - www.syfe.com/investment-strategy

They are starting off with only S$5.2million? if they are unable to raise more funds in further rounds, any chance it will close? very easy for fintech startup to burn through $5.2m.
 

ashuka

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I do think that MAS has a very strict process in granting license to these fintech companies. I am actually intrigued by their methods and am in favour of their risk-based investing system. Anyone has deeper insights to the system?
 

moejoseph

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,031
Reaction score
1
Looks good actually. Their fees seem to be low. How is it like as compared to Stashaway or MoneyOwl?
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
I do think that MAS has a very strict process in granting license to these fintech companies. I am actually intrigued by their methods and am in favour of their risk-based investing system. Anyone has deeper insights to the system?

the basic question still has to be answered. they raised $5.2m funding. How many months operating costs is that? MAS has very strict rules, so compliance costs are probably very high. =:p

how much time does it have before it needs to turn a profit? and if it doesn't, then it'll have to exit the market.

it doesn't have first mover advantage, how is it going to persuade existing investors to switch? I don't see any promo offer to entice say, a stashaway investor to switch?
 

hellfire88

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2007
Messages
743
Reaction score
8
I think best to attend their free workshop to ask the CEO questions directly to decide whether to invest in Syfe or not

Event Link

I think workshops are quite good to find out more in person and learn from what they have to share
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top