New MBA i5 or i7?

Crimson_FURY

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,697
Reaction score
7
If you don't understand my English yet someone else can "like" what I have written, it basically means you need to brush up on your command of English. No hard feelings taken at all.

If I'm not a power user, it will be such a joke :) I think I own my rights to talk as and when I deem fit. As in your perception towards how a machine sizing should be done, I'm afraid you need to really work on that because it clearly isn't logical.

I think up to this point, I have not in anyway indicated that one shouldn't spend more to get better machine for better performance. However your argument that MBA of recent built and performance is not meant for the same workload or even higher workload, when I have clearly provided the necessary evidence for comparison, clearly shows your lack of knowledge in how machine sizing should be done.

I'm afraid you don't know me enough to know if I'm worked up or not. You may decide with the chill pill as you wish, it's not necessary for me :)

Exactly I'm taking the issue with the exact statement that you have quoted, I have not deviated from it since the start of my disagreement.

To date, I'm just making a logical and sensible statement based on first hand experience and also cool hard facts as shown in the post above. If you can show any evidence to deny my claim, I welcome you to do so. If not, it is pretty clear who is doing all the empty talk :)

Cheers.

Some issues:

1) That you think just because someone 'liked' your post...that you have a decent command of english: Oh dear, this is very sad. Because now I know that not only do you have a poor command of english, you also do not know how to formulate a proper argument.

2) Till now there is no argument you can provide that a person using his laptop for PS and illustrator would be better served using a more powerful laptop than an MBA. This is not about which is good enough...this is about which is better...again...you have no case here

3) "To date, I'm just making a logical and sensible statement based on first hand experience and also cool hard facts as shown in the post above."

Cool hard facts? You mean one geekbench score of your old MBP vs an MBA? Are you selling TS your MBP? He is buying a new laptop, and last I checked Apple sells current generation MBAs and MBPs, not 17 inch MBPs from 2010.

Post a geekbench score of the 2013 rMBP vs the 2013 MBA. My point is proven. Thats cold hard facts for you. :s13:
 
Last edited:

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
13,550
Reaction score
1,301
Some issues:

1) That you think just because someone 'liked' your post...that you have a decent command of english: Oh dear, this is very sad. Because now I know that not only do you have a poor command of english, you also do not know how to formulate a proper argument.

When I said someone like what I have posted, most likely they understood what I have written. On top of that, so far, someone has also supported what I claimed, hence it's a good bet they understood what I have written. If you have a hard time understanding what I have written to date, it only means your command of English sucks real big time. Go reflect on it.

2) Till now there is no argument you can provide that a person using his laptop for PS and illustrator would be better served using a more powerful laptop than an MBA. This is not about which is good enough...this is about which is better...again...you have no case here

You have really shown a lack of focus on what I'm talking about. Luckily it's only you and not others.

3) "To date, I'm just making a logical and sensible statement based on first hand experience and also cool hard facts as shown in the post above."

Cool hard facts? You mean one geekbench score of your old MBP vs an MBA? Are you selling TS your MBP? He is buying a new laptop, and last I checked Apple sells current generation MBAs and MBPs, not 17 inch MBPs from 2010.


I think it clearly shows you are rather lacking in comprehension skill set. Where some others in this thread do understand, you have not understood what that comparison is truly about.
Seriously I think it's pretty alright. I have already stated my point and some people have clearly better comprehension skill set than you do and understood why I say the current MBA is not a shabby machine to do the same heavy workload I'm imposing on my machine today.

Post a geekbench score of the 2013 rMBP vs the 2013 MBA. My point is proven. Thats cold hard facts for you. :s13:

(shake head)... You are quite dense despite the haze has more or less dissipated. I can't expect everyone to understand and as such, I don't expect you do. I understand not all are born equal. :)
 
Last edited:

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
"That you think just because someone 'liked' your post...that you have a decent command of english: Oh dear, this is very sad. Because now I know that not only do you have a poor command of english, you also do not know how to formulate a proper argument."

This is getting personal and uncalled for....

We are here to express our views and comments - not some english bashing, hardware models competition.....

:s22::s22::s22:

My new nick = someone

:o
 

Crimson_FURY

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,697
Reaction score
7
If you have a hard time understanding what I have written to date, it only means your command of English sucks real big time. Go reflect on it.

You have really shown a lack of focus on what I'm talking about. Luckily it's only you and not others.

I think it clearly shows you are rather lacking in comprehension skill set.

(shake head)... You are quite dense despite the haze has more or less dissipated. I can't expect everyone to understand and as such, I don't expect you do. I understand not all are born equal. :)

Above quoted sentences prove you've completely lost your cool, have only personal insults left, and your posts are starting to degenerate into gibberish. In other words, you have nothing left to contribute to this discussion...you're done buddy. Can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. PM me if you need me to recommend you a tutor to teach you basic courtesy and communication skills. See you around.
 

DQUEK123

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
1
I will buy the MBA i5. End of story.

I already ordered MBA 13" core i5. Now waiting
 

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
13,550
Reaction score
1,301
Above quoted sentences prove you've completely lost your cool, have only personal insults left, and your posts are starting to degenerate into gibberish. In other words, you have nothing left to contribute to this discussion...you're done buddy. Can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. PM me if you need me to recommend you a tutor to teach you basic courtesy and communication skills. See you around.

It's very interesting to see how some people perform argument with a lost sense of logic and chronological order. Allow me to highlight it's back in post #13 where you have nothing left to debate about that have to resort to commenting about my English. It is at this point where you started to deviate and lose focus. It is also in this post itself that you have shown a lack of basic courtesy, lack of comprehension skill set etc.

Therefore based on your performance, I can only say “有人在贼喊捉贼”. I have to further correct you that I'm not your buddy, so don't be mistaken about it :)

My post surely didn't degrade to gibberish since there are 3rd parties here able to interpret. The most likely case is your cognitive abilities have shown areas of degradation. Hence I highly recommend instead of recommending your so called "tutor" to me, I have a few courses currently offered in NUS that may be of help to enhance your cognitive level.

CS1231 (Discrete Structures) - This course discuss about logical reasoning from a mathematical perspective. It may help to train your reasoning abilities and may just be sufficient for you to understand what I have shared with the public to this point

CS1104 (Computer Architecture) - This course share vast amount of information regarding how computers are designed, how to recognise performance in them and where to identify bottlenecks. It will give you a deeper insight into computers and what to expect of them.

One thing I observe is one is normally not at his/her best in reasoning when separated by a layer of fury blaze. It normally create haze, and can only smoke at best. Is that the heat you are referring to ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top