New online app Shopee

  • Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) or call ScamShield Helpline 1799. More info

jaycomposer

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Anyone here using Shopee? It's a new app that is like carousell and app10.

I recently purchased a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from their sales, and some of the items I received were fake. And when I contacted Shopee for their guarantee to refund fake or damaged goods, they ignored me and even banned my account. Not sure what they up to, but I'm worried I won't be receiving the rest of my stuff, worth hundreds.

What can I do to get back my money or products? First time being scammed online...
 

sogatda

Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
476
Reaction score
0
just call their customer service hotline, if they still act yi ge, then u blast their fb wall lor. make sure your case is legit else u wil jus look lik a fool. you suppose to check the product before press order receive anyway rite? its your responsibility to do so. and if its too cheap to be authethic, it usually is so dont get greedy. u already buyign it at a steal.
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,285
Reaction score
275
Anyone here using Shopee? It's a new app that is like carousell and app10.

I recently purchased a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from their sales, and some of the items I received were fake. And when I contacted Shopee for their guarantee to refund fake or damaged goods, they ignored me and even banned my account. Not sure what they up to, but I'm worried I won't be receiving the rest of my stuff, worth hundreds.

What can I do to get back my money or products? First time being scammed online...

What did you buy sia?
 

flyingthestars

Junior Member
Joined
May 15, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Anyone here using Shopee? It's a new app that is like carousell and app10.

I recently purchased a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from their sales, and some of the items I received were fake. And when I contacted Shopee for their guarantee to refund fake or damaged goods, they ignored me and even banned my account. Not sure what they up to, but I'm worried I won't be receiving the rest of my stuff, worth hundreds.

What can I do to get back my money or products? First time being scammed online...

After you pay, I think they will hold/keep the payment and only transfer to the vendor/seller until you click a button that says something like "I received my order". Did you click it already? If haven't, your payment is still with shopee.

this helps to make sure that seller doesn't get the money until you get the goods that you want, after you inspect everything is ok then you press accept. This also makes sure that the buyer "pays" before the seller ships out. I thought that's what shopee is all about? Guarantee for both sides of the transaction.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top