New PC.

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new PC. Custom made. For school(Networking) and for gaming. I'm looking through PC Themes' list of parts and I have no idea what to get. I've compare them by googling but to no avail. My range is 2k(2.5k max). If anyone have any good recommendation. It'll be great!
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a new PC. Custom made. For school(Networking) and for gaming. I'm looking through PC Themes' list of parts and I have no idea what to get. I've compare them by googling but to no avail. My range is 2k(2.5k max). If anyone have any good recommendation. It'll be great!

what games are u playing and as for school (networking) meaning ur course is networking or wat?

but for 2k u got a lot of choice of build lol :s13:
 

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
what games are u playing and as for school (networking) meaning ur course is networking or wat?

but for 2k u got a lot of choice of build lol :s13:

Summer steam sales like CS:Go, GTA V etc. Yes, the networking is my course. I'm thinking that I need a PC that can handle that stuff. If possible, I would like to get a PC that's around 2k. Money is limited. Hahaha
 

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Summer steam sales like CS:Go, GTA V etc. Yes, the networking is my course. I'm thinking that I need a PC that can handle that stuff. If possible, I would like to get a PC that's around 2k. Money is limited. Hahaha

2k is already quite high for a build :)

Do you need mouse / keyboard / monitor?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Summer steam sales like CS:Go, GTA V etc. Yes, the networking is my course. I'm thinking that I need a PC that can handle that stuff. If possible, I would like to get a PC that's around 2k. Money is limited. Hahaha

well for networking im not sure what stuff u need but i can give u builds on ur gaming needs.

Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H + i5 6500 @473
Kingston DDR4 8GB @47
Palit SSJ GTX 1080 @999
Samsung 850 evo 250GB @139
WD 1TB @76
Cosair Spec -01 @79
Superflower Ledex Sliver 550W @119

Total: 1932

All prices quote from PCThemes.

Windows u can get from your school.
 

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
well for networking im not sure what stuff u need but i can give u builds on ur gaming needs.

Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H + i5 6500 @473
Kingston DDR4 8GB @47
Palit SSJ GTX 1080 @999
Samsung 850 evo 250GB @139
WD 1TB @76
Cosair Spec -01 @79
Superflower Ledex Sliver 550W @119

Total: 1932

All prices quote from PCThemes.

Windows u can get from your school.

I can go with a GTX 970 too right? Say if I cannot get a windows from my school, where can I get one?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
I can go with a GTX 970 too right? Say if I cannot get a windows from my school, where can I get one?

well like what milimeter say if gpu is too ex for u just get GTX1070

as for OS u can tr reddit or qoo10

edit: unless u wanna get overwatch game u can get Zotac 970 @399
 

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
well like what milimeter say if gpu is too ex for u just get GTX1070

as for OS u can tr reddit or qoo10

edit: unless u wanna get overwatch game u can get Zotac 970 @399

I see. Thanks for the suggestion. For the monitor, keyboard and maybe the casing. Do you have any good recommendations? Been awhile since I've been updated for the specs.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
I see. Thanks for the suggestion. For the monitor, keyboard and maybe the casing. Do you have any good recommendations? Been awhile since I've been updated for the specs.

:s11:
what specs?

well maybe u can tell us how big or small the casing you want?
monitor u want a normal, or gaming?
keyboard too gaming or normal?
 

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
:s11:
what specs?

well maybe u can tell us how big or small the casing you want?
monitor u want a normal, or gaming?
keyboard too gaming or normal?

Maybe a normal monitor and gaming keyboard. As for casing, big enough for me to clean? If I need to.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26

DJSnip3r

Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
23" should be enough. For casing, it's just the size right? Is there anything I should take note in choosing a casing?

Number of 2.5" and 3.5" slots if you think you need the storage space, and the height restrictions on the cpu cooler
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
23" should be enough. For casing, it's just the size right? Is there anything I should take note in choosing a casing?

Well there is a lot things u have to look.

1) size of your mobo (matx cant fit in itx case, unless they specific.)
2) number of fans u want to install.
3) want a silence casing have to find those have fans holes. been cover up.
4) suitable to put either a triple fan, or double fans radiator.
5) number of usb ports u want, like 1x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0/2x 3.0/2x 2.0 and 2x 3.0
6) enough head rooms for your long gpu cards.
7) want a side panel window or cover up.
8) enough space for cable management at the back
9) Air CPU cooler height clearances.
PS: everything is not base on ranking or what-so-ever , its just want i think when choosing a case.
 

SuzuShin

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Well there is a lot things u have to look.

1) size of your mobo (matx cant fit in itx case, unless they specific.)
2) number of fans u want to install.
3) want a silence casing have to find those have fans holes. been cover up.
4) suitable to put either a triple fan, or double fans radiator.
5) number of usb ports u want, like 1x 2.0 and 1 x 3.0/2x 3.0/2x 2.0 and 2x 3.0
6) enough head rooms for your long gpu cards.
7) want a side panel window or cover up.
8) enough space for cable management at the back
9) Air CPU cooler height clearances.
PS: everything is not base on ranking or what-so-ever , its just want i think when choosing a case.

I think I'm left with a keyboard and monitor.

Edit: I think I'll get the one that you recommended.
 
Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2001
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
12
Zero is sibeh helpful with build recommendations! always fast to reply and follow up. thumbs up for you!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top