New Price announcements

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
SSD is definitely much better than a HDD on a notebook usage, due to the following.

1. faster read/ write on FLASH as compared to a mechanical HDD
2. slightly better battery life due to the above
3. SSD are cooler in operating temps

as for battery life with SSD, it actually would differs among different individual usage, as there might be loads of background programs running which is consuming your battery too. however, in our own usage, we do experience slightly longer battery life when using SSD in the same scenario.

Thanks! May I know what scenario that is? Light usage and Web surfing or running bench marks and stuff? I know that during peak operations an SSD would be far more efficient, but based on light usage?

Thank you!
 

Convergent Systems SG

Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
4,620
Reaction score
0
Thanks! May I know what scenario that is? Light usage and Web surfing or running bench marks and stuff? I know that during peak operations an SSD would be far more efficient, but based on light usage?

Thank you!
well, for our typical usage, it is often work, which includes using ms office, web browsing, and even having some soft music in the background via our favorite media player such a itunes or such. comparing ssd drives to hdd, we do experience a slightly longer battery life with these activities.
 

Convergent Systems SG

Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
4,620
Reaction score
0
Seems like eplanetworld has only update the SATA price.

The M-SATA is @ $ 215.00 (is this the discount price?)


Crucial M500 240GB mSATA SSD 240GB SATA 6Gbps mSATA Internal SSD
$ 215.00

Hi Magix

thanks for pointing out. some dealers are still in the midst of updating their pricelist for the m-sata, as it was only being made known that the M-sata pricelist would be reduced to the same price as the SATA.

do give them abit of time to have it updated.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
well, for our typical usage, it is often work, which includes using ms office, web browsing, and even having some soft music in the background via our favorite media player such a itunes or such. comparing ssd drives to hdd, we do experience a slightly longer battery life with these activities.
Thank you.

Anyway, besides SLS is there any place near the northeast areas where I can buy the M500? I tried looking at Cyberactive but they don't seem to sell Crucial. My exams are coming soon so I feel guilty if I travel far :s13:

Thanks! :)
 

Convergent Systems SG

Featured Distributor for Hardware Clinic
Joined
Oct 10, 2011
Messages
4,620
Reaction score
0
Thank you.

Anyway, besides SLS is there any place near the northeast areas where I can buy the M500? I tried looking at Cyberactive but they don't seem to sell Crucial. My exams are coming soon so I feel guilty if I travel far :s13:

Thanks! :)

there's always an online option. our online retailers have them in stocks, and ready to ship out anytime.
 

gabong

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2000
Messages
591
Reaction score
0
Does the drive come with any software to migrate from Hdd to SSD?
Must I reinstall everything?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top